Talk

Advanced search

I'm bored therefore I eat- help!!!

(5 Posts)
dizzymama Thu 19-May-05 21:56:46

My baby weight is nowhere near even starting to depart my hips / thighs / tummy / arms etc etc. I tend to sit in with dd and then eat because I'm bored, do go out with a mums walking group and for coffee with nct pals but majority of my time i sit and I eat - any suggestions on things to do to stop me comfort eating?

Diddle Mon 23-May-05 10:48:16

dizzymama - i'm eating for england too. i'm not pg or had a baby, although i have been ph twice this year and lost the babies both times. But when i was pg, i gained quite a lot of weight. I can't seem to shift it, not that i do much and because i'm not to happy at the moment the weight it getting me down and hence i am eating more because it makes me feel better. I think you should remove all "bad" foods from the house, all tempting foods. If you have kids then it won't do them any harm to not have biscuits and crisps around them either, maybe they could only have them as a treat when they're out for the day. That way you won't be tempted to eat them all while they're out. Stock up on fruit and veg, when you feel hungry, have a carrot stick or a few cherry tomatoes. you will be amazed at the difference.
Maybe i should go and do that too. what a good idea. biscuits are my favourite. must remove them all.

Stardust123 Mon 23-May-05 11:16:30

If you like a lot of food and believe me, I do!, try Slimming World. You won't believe what you can eat. If you can't attend a class, you can do it by post I think, it's great. How many diets can you have bacon/sausage sandwiches, veggie curries and rice. Really easy to stick to and you never feel hungry (I ought to be a consultant I think!). Obviously you can't scoff Mars bars all day but you can have treats too.
Have a look at their website. www.slimmingworld.co.uk.

dizzymama Mon 23-May-05 11:44:26

Diddle, sorry to hear you're low, know that doesn't help. Good idea on carrot sticks etc. healthy munchies eh? Who'd have thought Hope things sort themselves out for you hon x
Stardust - had no idea you could do slimming world by post. Not having time to do a class is one of the things stopping me. Will go and look at web site now

Stardust123 Mon 23-May-05 12:10:59

i do slimming world at a class and i would really try to get to one if you can cos, the support is great. hope you sort it out.
would appreciate replies to my problem - see back to work section - re additional maternity leave, thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: