Talk

Advanced search

will power non existent, want to change habits before its a problem

(3 Posts)
nicnic01 Wed 15-Jul-09 20:45:31

Hi all, My dd is 9.5 months old and an absolute joy. I have always been fairly slim with high metabolism but things are catching up with me. Im 5'9" and weighed 10 stone 4 before I got pregnant. I put on2.5 stones during pregnancy but dropped back to 10 stone 5 by the time dd was 20 weeks which I was happy with. Then I stoped breast feeding and started eating! I just seem to graze constantly. Healthy stuff and rubbish. Im 10stone 10 at the moment which isnt bad but I know its a slippery slope. I have no will power at all. I have one good day then rewrd myself with 2 bad days. I have a chocolate bar (or 2) then feel guilty and swear to myself that I am going to be good. My problem is that I know I am not over weight so dont watch what I eat. But I really want to try to change my habits before its a problem. Any tips????? Just so you know I start back at work in october, I love tasty food, hate cooking and have a very big appetite! Real faves are cheese on toast and crisps (mmmm my stomach is gurgling at the thought)

DLI Wed 15-Jul-09 21:03:38

change your cheese to half fat cheese that makes a difference. cheese is soooooooooo fattening.

Lucifera Thu 16-Jul-09 11:58:27

I'd suggest when you go back to work, making sure you have a good but healthy breakfast (not easy when you have a baby to sort out, I'm sure) - muesli, fruit, wholemeal toast etc, and taking a healthy packed lunch and some fruit to snack on if you think you'll need something extra during the day. Then aim to cut out all the unhealthy snacks, sweets, crisps and so on. Try to get out of that mindset!

In the evenings, look at portion sizes, try to train yourself to eat a bit less, especially of things that are obviously fairly high in calories, and try not to have second helpings.

If you love tasty food and hate cooking, does that mean you get a lot of takeaways or buy ready meals? Most of those not good news for weight control .... do you think you could build up a repertoire of a few suppers that are very simple but also tasty? I've noticed when people ask for suggestions in the MN recipes messageboard, there is always a good response.

I've struggled with my weight all my life, have lost and regained quite a lot several times, but when I do manage to lose, this is what I do and it works for me. Good luck and congratulations on your DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now