Talk

Advanced search

Should I join Slimming World tonight?

(5 Posts)

There is a meeting near me on a Tues. A friend reckons its good. I have a stone to lose, maybe a bit more.

I used to do Rosemary Conley classes and didn't lose anything, I did WW online for a bit and ditto. I did Food Focus online for a bit and did lose some but got bored of it all and put it back on.

I have a sweet tooth and no motivation and an aversion to cooking. Is there any hope for me or would it all be a waste of time?

AnnieLobeseder Tue 14-Jul-09 17:26:55

Slimming World is brilliant! I lost 2.5 stone and it's very very easy.

Of course there's hope for you!

Good luck!

BintOfBohemia Tue 14-Jul-09 17:30:41

Tis good but make sure you write stuff down and check properly - I didn't in the first week and put weight on! It is good if you can't stand being hungry. It worked for me, but I got bored and went back to WW in the end. I like to switch between the two...

McReverie Tue 14-Jul-09 17:32:38

SW worked for me but am I the only person to find the classes soooo dull? Esp when they go through everyone individually, I get really embarrassed and although it's great to hear other people doing well I don't find it at all motivating. I used to do WW and found their meetings much better (no WW near us)

I did find Food Focus good but think I need the motivation of a class and potential embarrassment of a weight gain to keep me going. Or I just get bored with it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now