Talk

Advanced search

How can I get a toned tummy - whats your best exercise recommendation?

(12 Posts)
bottletopbill Tue 14-Jul-09 13:18:57

Whats your best exercise for this

Ripeberry Tue 14-Jul-09 13:20:24

Bumping for you. I'm toned everywhere else except for my tummy, either it's fat or too much skin sad

meep Tue 14-Jul-09 13:21:52

swimming? That's my easy fix - unfortunately running is the best but I hate running!

bottletopbill Tue 14-Jul-09 13:23:29

meep - running what for toning your tum?

meep Tue 14-Jul-09 14:10:52

Yup - it works!

Bramshott Tue 14-Jul-09 14:12:37

Ooh, I was going to come on and ask this! I want something I can do at home ideally. Skipping? Hula-hooping? Sit-ups?

MrsMcCluskey Tue 14-Jul-09 14:15:15

I have been doing crunches with a weight plate.
Lie on back with knees up to yur chest and extend one leg out at a time to the floor ath the same time extend both arms out behind your head with a weight - very good

spokette Tue 14-Jul-09 14:33:15

You need to get rid of the fat surrounding the tummy area so have to use a combination of diet and cardio exercise. Running will flatten your tummy in no time.

To tone the tummy muscles, you need a variety of exercises to challenge all the muscles. I am currently working out to this dvd. Oh my goodness!! In one week, the difference to my tummy was astounding. Doing this toned my tummy and got rid of the flab. I am going on holiday in two weeks and I am doing it everyday to ensure that I have an extra tight middriff (I'm 43yo)

Good luck!

Ripeberry Tue 14-Jul-09 16:42:17

Spokette, thanks for the recommendation, ordered my copy just now.

bottletopbill Tue 14-Jul-09 17:15:54

me too!!!

spokette Tue 14-Jul-09 19:21:11

You will not be disappointed but maybe a little soresmile.

Good luck!

buktus Tue 14-Jul-09 19:23:06

davina power of 3 is good it has a special abs bit for when you want the washboard effect thats if you can cope with the ordinary abs stuff first

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now