Talk

Advanced search

My Weight Loss needs a Boost - your ideas please

(2 Posts)
surreylady Sun 12-Jul-09 13:22:13

I have been going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week since beginning of June (previous non exerciser) I have been following a low fat and sensible calorie diet (tried Alli but did nothing as little fat content in diet - no side effects either btw) - had lost 9.5 pounds but had a take away curry this weekend - and despite gym and low fat eating all week - put back on 2.5lb overnight. I know weight loss is good and slow is good too BUT at a size 16 and BMI of 32 I feel that I should have lost more over the last few weeks - any thoughts on new diet approachs to try - was wondering if food combining would be a good thing although not really sure of the what and hows - want something simply and no groups (ww etc) as they are just not me - I am self motivated but time is always a challenge so want to keep it simple. Phew - long sorry - Thanks in advance

piscesmoon Sun 12-Jul-09 13:40:34

Don't be put off. I kept on giving up because I would lose half a stone and then get to a plateau. If you just stick it out it starts to move. I was size 14 and lost 2 stone and it took 5 months. I don't think you want to do any abnormal diets-just low fat and smaller portions. Drink a lot of water. I find that if I run every morning first thing it seems to help.I only do 15mins but it starts the day well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now