Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How often do you buy your fresh ingredients?

(10 Posts)
TracyK Wed 18-May-05 11:45:07

How often do you buy fresh meat and veg/fruit. I end up with loads, then gone off, then none. I'm trying to cut down the number of times I go to the supermarket each week but can't see how to keep my fridge full of fresh stuff - not mouldy stuff.

flum Wed 18-May-05 11:46:38

about every other day for fresh stuff. every two weeks for others, tins, frozen toiletries etc

starlover Wed 18-May-05 11:47:27

I buy once a week. NEVER buy fresh fruit veg from tesco as it always goes off before the best before date. Stuff from sainsburys seems to last much longer!

assumpta Wed 18-May-05 17:38:06

Funny, I find it the other way around.

Gwenick Wed 18-May-05 17:39:35

I buy fresh meat and veg every week - from Tesco. Fresh meat gets frozen.

Tip for keeping celery fresh - wrap it in tin foil and keep it in the fridge like that - keeps it fresh for AGES (literally weeks!)

Sponge Wed 18-May-05 17:45:33

Once a week unless we run out. Sometimes really delicate things like spinach and watercress go off but we have a very good fridge which keep smost veg quite happily for at least a week.

hermykne Wed 18-May-05 17:47:43

i was only wondering about this last night after buying loads of fresh fruit/veg, thinking how long have i got to use it up before its goes off, i think once a week would be great but more often than not its every 4 days and buy as u require - a nuisance really.

starlover Wed 18-May-05 17:52:16

really assumpta... maybe it's just our tesco's then! I have complained to them on more than one occasion about it... that and the "fresh" meat that's always brown!

Gwenick Wed 18-May-05 17:59:51

also - don't forget to take things out the plastic bags they come in - they go off quicker in the bag

moozoboozo Wed 18-May-05 18:07:28

I tend to do 2 trips a week to the greengrocer down the road. Its a pain in the arse, but the stuff is cheaper, better quality and is fresh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now