Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best GI book to buy?

(7 Posts)
TracyK Wed 18-May-05 11:12:11

I am ordering The Dinner Lady from Amazon and need to up my order for free delivery - which GI one would you recommend.

yoyo Wed 18-May-05 11:20:02

It depends whether you want a meal plan or recipes. I have Rick Gallop, Helen Foster and Anthony WT and of those I'd say Foster has the best meal plan and AWT the best recipes (only bought it yesterday so haven't tried any out though). Some people on here have achieved fantastic results with Foster but most seem to mix and match. Have you seen the new GI recipes thread (in its infancy)?

TracyK Wed 18-May-05 11:20:57

Do they all explain the principles of the diet well?

yoyo Wed 18-May-05 11:30:26

Helen Foster is very clear, didn't read the AWT diet bit last night and Rick Gallop does explain it well. The Helen Foster is presented very clearly and because it is a plan followed by a maintenance plan it is actually quite simple. You do need to be very organised to follow it to the letter though (I failed).
I am trying to read as much as possible and then devise my own plan so that the meals can be shared with the whole family.

SupermarketBlues Wed 18-May-05 11:38:32

Tracey, I agree with yoyo.

emmamama Wed 18-May-05 12:20:06

TracyK, I would definately recommend the Helen Foster book. It goes through all the stages and explains it all, it's quite comprehensive and the recipies are failry easy.

And she tells you to eat chocolate on one of the days.

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 18-May-05 16:49:09

Helen Forster is great for a step by step guide to the diet.

AWT is great for recipes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now