Talk

Advanced search

Calling all last minute OMG it's nearly my holiday dieters!!

(8 Posts)
cvyes Fri 03-Jul-09 19:40:58

Yes that's me - have been trying to start a holiday diet since we had 10 weeks to go but now at 3 weeks to go it's all a bit more serious!
Ok - am going shopping tomorrow for ingredients for Carol V's 14 day summer detox - she says you can lose upto 7lbs - I need to lose at least a stone but hey ho if I stick to it that must be better than nothing.
Any-one else like me & what are your last resorts to get into a bikini swimsuit ha ha??

cvyes Fri 03-Jul-09 20:50:02

there must be someone??

aGalChangedHerName Fri 03-Jul-09 20:53:04

I lost 7lbs on my 1st week at Scottish Slimmers. Don't know quite how but it can obv be done. I ate tiny amounts of carbs in the 1st week and drank tons of water.

You could easily lose 3lbs a week tho,have done that before. A stone would be difficult imo.

beaniebaby25 Fri 03-Jul-09 22:13:55

Hi cyves, I'm in the same boat as you! I go away in two and a half weeks. I've been trying to lose weight by joining food focus (free website where you log food & exercise etc) but I ended up with zero loss after 4 weeks.

So my new plan is... slim fast! Started it today, had weetabix for brekkie, slim fast shake at 2pm for lunch, then i had some crab sticks at about 6pm (my guilty pleasure blush then stir fried vegetables and noodles for dinner.

Will weigh again on WEdnesday i think... when i'll get a feel for how effective it is. Have to say I haven't felt hungry once, all day.

Anyway, i want to lose about half a stone so think it's possible... with some perseverence hmm

Haven't done Carol's detox before, what does it involve?

VelvetCushions Fri 03-Jul-09 22:15:29

Google 3 day diet. Its a fad diet but you're meant to lose 8lbs on it. I tried it and lost 4lbs which wasn't bad. Its quite a doable diet and I was never starving. In fact I'm going to do it again next week.

mamalovesmojitos Fri 03-Jul-09 22:31:22

jason vale juicing. if you have three weeks you'll probably lose a stone, depending on how overweight you are.

you do need a juicer and a blender, so not sure how practical that is for you.

it can be difficult mentally but you dont feel hungry at all, just miss food for something to eat iykwim.

also packs you full of water and vitamins so very healthy. good luck!

cvyes Sat 04-Jul-09 19:08:46

Hi
Beaniebaby25 - how is slimfast going? I've bought my detox stuff & am keen to start tomorrow - basically it's cutting out all processed goods & trying to eat items as raw as poss - also no caffeine or alcohol (alchol my main downfall).

Velvet thanks for that we google after this!

Mama - would be so great to lose a stone in 3 weeks but I have no juicer - am prob about 2 stone overweight.

beaniebaby25 Sun 05-Jul-09 14:31:28

hi cyves

slimfast is going ok... although adittedly i left my bottles at work this weekend so i'm doing willpower alone until tomorrow. I've been good too, so hopefully i won't be knocked off course. I even went for a five mile run this morning. Will be back on the slim fast tomorrow, looking forward to it - they're really tasty and feels good not snacking all day.

have you started your detox today, or are you doing it tomorrow? i dont think i could survive without tea, and alcohol is also my downfall. i'll try and cut that down this week i think. I've only got two weeks on tuesday until my hols, this really is the final push!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now