Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 stone to lose as fast as possible! how?

(5 Posts)
MrsGum Tue 30-Jun-09 21:38:04

am still 2 stone overweight at 9mths post-natal, still breast-feeding too - can I do Atkins diet when breast-feeding?

someone give me a light at the end of the tunnell!

curlygal Wed 01-Jul-09 19:27:55

Hi Mrs Gum

I kept a lot of my "babyweight" on while I breast fed DS - despite everyone else telling me how great BF was for getting your figure back!

I wouldn;t advise doing an actual diet while BF, you could try cutting back on treats and exercing a bit more and see if anything happens?

I didn;t manage to lose any weight at all until I gave up BF when DS was one, I got back down to my pre-preg weight fairly easily and stuck at it for a while until I develped the habit of eating my picky toddler's left overs and I now am a stone over the weight I want to be...

I got really down about being bigger - I was two stone overweight too and felt minging. I just kept thinking how important it was for me to BF DS and I wanted to keep BF him more than I wanted to lose weight IYSWIM?

MrsGum Wed 01-Jul-09 21:39:44

just don't understand HOW I am still overweight when ds is feeding so much still.
how come I'm not burning it up??

lilyfire Thu 02-Jul-09 00:30:15

I was feeding a baby and a toddler and still lost no baby weight until I went on a diet. Couldn't really understand it. I'm sure it's not recommended but I did eat small breakfast and lunch but only eat vegetable soup (lots of it) for dinner and I did lose 2 1/2 stone in about 3 1/2 months.
With my first one I found that I didn't lose much until I stopped breastfeeding and went on a diet. With no. 3 I decided couldn't wait until I finished feeding, so did the vegetable soup thing.

MrsGum Thu 02-Jul-09 09:35:57

yep, think diet is the answer!!!!

good idea about the veg soup!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now