Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know of any boxercise dvds?

(4 Posts)
babyignoramus Tue 30-Jun-09 12:52:03

I'd really like to try boxercise but all the classes near me are at times I can't do because I have DS. I can't find a DVD anywhere (NB I already have Tae bo DVDs) - any ideas?

Ta

notyummy Tue 30-Jun-09 12:58:03

baby - I note you have Tae Bo DVds. Do you have the Boot Camp one? I ask because (having done Boxercise) it is only DVD I have done that is close to the very high intensity workout of a proper Boxercise class.

I am not aware of a more specific Boxercise DVD, but haven't really looked tbh. Have you tried Amazon?

babyignoramus Tue 30-Jun-09 13:44:00

I have tried Amazon - TBH I was under the impression that Boxercise was slightly lower intensity than Taebo!! I do like the Taebo DVDs but I'm a bit wary of getting more as I have two that are the same workout with different names which was v. annoying. I've heard good things about Davina and Nell but it's a time factor really as well - with DS only being 4 months it's nice to have shorter workouts in case he kicks off. Two of my Taebo DVDs have 8 minute workouts and I've got the 10 min solution Kickbox Bootcamp but always on the lookout for more - I'm addicted!!

notyummy Tue 30-Jun-09 15:05:19

Nell's are very long (although split into sections) and I had to admit, I find them a bit dull, as there is an awful lot of doing the same thing, over and over again, to raaise your heartrate.

It depends on your fitness level, and how hard you are looking to work. The Billy Blanks Bootcamp Workout is really challenging and not the same as the other couple of his that I have. I feel like I have had a really good workout afterwards.

I have an MTV Pilates (Kriston MacGee) that is good for toning rather than cardio (good for the tummy) and that is 2 x 25 mins and 1 x 10 mins. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Can't comment on Davina - haven't had any of her's yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now