Talk

Advanced search

are there any weight loss plans considered to be safe/ healthy in pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Sat 27-Jun-09 09:46:28

not that I am trying to lose weight, you understand - just to make sure that any gain in the remaining 12 weeks is baby and not me!!

Am 5'10" and was around 10 stone pre-preg. Set myself 12 stone as an 'acceptable' limit for the pregnancy - but at 28 weeks I am already there.

this is my 4th pregnancy, I've gone from around 11st to 13st with the others - but started out a bit skinnier this time I guess.

any ideas? no carbs? no carbs after 6pm? Am already vegetarian (although do occasionally have fish now that i'm pregnant) and gluten-free.

any advice/ suggestions welcome.

rosieposey Sat 27-Jun-09 10:02:23

I believe Slimming World is supposed to be safe during pregnancy. Apparently midwives recommend it as a safe healthy eating plan (you get a few extras too being pregnant) and it is often recommended by doctors and midwives for women who are overweight at the beginning of pregnancy.

You need your midwives permission i think but have a look on the site there is info on their diet and pregnancy on there www.slimmingworld.com/ hth and good luck with the bubs

LadyOfWaffle Sat 27-Jun-09 10:03:50

I was just about the suggest slimming world

LetThemEatCake Sat 27-Jun-09 11:09:27

thanks ladies ... I just checked the site and they won't let you join online if you;re pregnant, but if you;re already a member and then you get pregnant you can still have access to certain parts of the site. I can't make it to meetings so online is my only option ... would it be really bad if I just didn't tick the box about being pregnant? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Lizzylou Sat 27-Jun-09 11:11:27

There is a Slimming World thread on MN, perhaps someone there could help you out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now