Talk

Advanced search

I need an alternative to burpees!

(3 Posts)
babyignoramus Fri 26-Jun-09 16:04:23

Have started exercising again after having DS fourmonths ago. I have got a few DVDs and my faves are the 10 min solution ones as I don't want to overdo it - one of the routines has quite a long sequence of burpees (becoming more complex with various leg lifts etc at the back) which I can't really do as my lower back tends to be quite stiff and I have trouble kicking my legs out far enough behind me. At the moment I'm just sort jogging on the spot and adding in the leg lifts as best I can. Has anyone got an idea for a move that could replace it?

Ta!

mckenzie Fri 26-Jun-09 16:13:31

how about a lunge? Either a static lunge with say 10 dips on one side and then ten on the other side. Or a lunge where you alternate and return to standing between each lunge.

babyignoramus Fri 26-Jun-09 16:32:08

Oooh, that might work. I hate burpees with a passion anyway so it's kind of a bonus that I can't really do them. Might add some handweights at the same time for the arms......Ta!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now