Talk

Advanced search

Herbalife ?

(4 Posts)
2bayumimum Fri 26-Jun-09 10:24:00

Hi there, has anyone used the Herbalife system for loosing weight. Its a bit like slimfast, shake for breakfast and lunch, with a protein bar or soya beans for a snack, mid morning and afternoon, then a healthy meal of about 600 cals for dinner. Ive got about 9lbs more to go to reach my goal weight and needed a change from ww to keep me motivated. I have lost weight this week, and on the whole finding it ok, but would like to hear if anyone else has had success on this programme, as it is bloomin expensive !

Thanks

zeke Fri 26-Jun-09 11:01:05

My neighbours swear by it but I didn't find it that good tbh (i.e. found it hard to stick to).

I much prefer weight watchers. For a change I have tried using sparkpeople nutrition (free website) and the body for life way of eating. Both gave excellent results and I felt like I was getting really good nutrition.

ChocOrange05 Sun 28-Jun-09 20:25:36

I haven't tried herbalife but I did Usana which sounds pretty similar - its hard as you have quite a prescriptive diet but this also makes it easy as there is no wondering what can I/can't I eat IYSWIM. IMO its not good as a long term diet option but for a few weeks it can be good to detox and get rid of some weight. BUT, as its so effective at losing weight you need to still eat healthily afterwards or you just put it all back on.

PS - the shakes are usually pretty gross, so hold your nose! grin

2bayumimum Tue 30-Jun-09 13:09:59

Actually the shakes and bars are surprisingly tasty, just not enough of them ! Im now having cherry tomatoes when I feel like snacking, and that has helped alot. Just 6lbs now to my final target and enough shake stuff left for 3 weeks, so hopefully on track !

But another weekend ahead without a glass or two of wine is hard...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now