Talk

Advanced search

Snacking....

(7 Posts)
Robeena Fri 26-Jun-09 10:11:22

Just want to check with you guys if you snack while on your diet? Trying to follow Slimming World diet through the magazines.

Furball Fri 26-Jun-09 10:23:39

you can snack til your hearts content on SW smile as long as you choose a free food.

Tis a miracle!

2bayumimum Fri 26-Jun-09 10:28:27

I think it comes down to whether or not SW works for you. For some people it works brilliantly and they loose weight even when snacking, for me SW just didn't work at all, and I put on weight rather than lost it !!

Sadly I think some people's bodies just optimise SW type foods better than others, and I unfortunately only loose weight by limiting calories, rather that eating certain types of food.

Id say add snacks to your diet for a couple of days and see what happens. Its the easiest diet in the world if it works for you, as you have to deprive yourself the least on it, compared to other diets.

HuffwardlyRudge Fri 26-Jun-09 10:31:09

I think the trick to being a slim person is not to snack.

SW is a gimmick IMO.

Furball Fri 26-Jun-09 11:01:05

SW maybe a gimmick but, it is extremly healthy and most of all it works.

2bayumimum Fri 26-Jun-09 11:18:27

I think you can snack and be slim, just depends on what you choose to snack on. Ive lost 3 stone and am now a size 10/12, and eat 3 meals a day plus two snacks, currently they are high protein snacks, but usually a piece of fruit/yoghurt/cereal bar etc. Ive got 9lbs to get to my end goal and will then be a size 8-10 and then the hard work begins, maintaining it ! The thing is to take into account how much you are eating and only eating when you are actually hungary, rather than a bit bored. That's what worked for me ( along with ww and exercise )

Pollyanna Fri 26-Jun-09 11:31:38

limiting calories works better for me too. I ate so much on sw that I didn't lose weight. I can't eat unlimited pasta/potatoes/rice etc and lose weight. I also felt that SW made me snack much more than I usually would, because I thought I should eat loads of the free foods. I was constantly eating!

other people I know have succeeded on SW though.

For me, I now limit calories (I use foodfocus), and also exercise.

I do snack on either alpen light bars (a hangover from my SW days - I know they are bad for me) or currently strawberries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now