Talk

Advanced search

OFGS weight is going ON!

(9 Posts)
sarah293 Fri 26-Jun-09 08:21:07

Message withdrawn

akhems Fri 26-Jun-09 08:27:03

same thing has happened to a friend of mine who just started at WW.. could be a bit of water retention cos it's been hot, that happens to me.

Don't get disheartened.. keep going it will pay off in the end

sarah293 Fri 26-Jun-09 08:38:12

Message withdrawn

bamboobutton Fri 26-Jun-09 08:39:54

me too! ive been dieting since january and the weight keeps going upsad thyroid came back as normal though so i'm stumped as why its going up.

sarah293 Fri 26-Jun-09 08:47:18

Message withdrawn

ClaudiaSchiffer Fri 26-Jun-09 09:00:46

God how blardy annoying. This happens to me too when I try and shift some lard. Frustrating.

I would chuck the scales to be honest. They are the work of the devil - far better to rely on clothes feeling looser (!) than reading the scales. They are usually unspeakably depressng.

bamboobutton Fri 26-Jun-09 09:01:00

it could be water retention! i never weigh myself around my period as i seem to bloat and weigh more.

terrystyg Tue 30-Jun-09 21:53:38

When fat cells shrink through a lack of nourishment, the space temporarily fills up with water, which weighs more than fat. You have very probably lost weight.Give it a few days and you will see a loss on the scales.

terrystyg Tue 30-Jun-09 21:55:31

Oh just read post properly. Yes periods definitely make weight go up, and it can take until a couple of days until after period has finished until weight returns to true reading on scales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now