Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Mamas 2005 Week 18

(33 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Fri 13-May-05 22:20:06

Message withdrawn

Loobz Sat 14-May-05 19:42:46

I've just made syn free ice lollies with muller light yogurt and they're delicious - yum, yum
Need them to cool me down - have spent too long sitting in the sun

Yorkiegirl Sun 15-May-05 09:21:47

Message withdrawn

Loobz Sun 15-May-05 09:57:03

We have had really good weather since middle of last week - heaven! Sunny again today.
I eat less when the weather is nice and now that I've been making these syn freee lollies - well there'll be no stopping me (hopefully)
Hope everyone's being good!!!!!!!!

MarsLady Sun 15-May-05 10:23:33

sorry girlies, I was so taken up by the 50s party that I didn't weigh Will take more care this week and be sure to weigh.

Yorkiegirl Sun 15-May-05 12:59:24

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Sun 15-May-05 13:00:50

DH and I have decided to try the GI diet. Well, both of us are getting a little portly and we have DTs to chase and so need to be fit. lol

marj Sun 15-May-05 16:55:19

How do you make muller light blancmange? Sounds good! Also, with the muller lollies do you just put a stick in the pot and freeze it or do you spoon it out into moulds? Sorry, I know thats probably a really thick question to ask.

Yorkiegirl, I seem to remember some time ago that someone talked about having some sort of tortilla chip things that were free on SW. I may have got that totally wrong, but if you know how to make them can you let me know.

I am off to my weigh in tomorrow evening and am hoping for good things as I have had a really good first week and have enjoyed the plan. I have eaten loads and definitely not gone hungry, although the actual things I am eating have changed completely - havent eaten any crap!!

Yorkiegirl Sun 15-May-05 17:01:58

Message withdrawn

marj Sun 15-May-05 20:10:18

Thanks YG! Will be giving both of those a try. I am finding the evening the worst time as all I want to do is nibble. Those chips could be the answer!

Loobz Sun 15-May-05 21:10:40

Marj, I spooned the muller light into lolly moulds - yummy
Yorkie, I really like the sound of the blancmange and am going to try it tomorrow - have friend coming for lunch and that should do for desert with some fresh fruit
I have just made millionaires shortbread - not for myself I hasten to add - have made the case and filling and will put choc topping on tomorrow then I can get it away out of the house before I am tempted - I worked out the syn value and the way I make it, it works out at 21 syns per square and there is no way that I would be able to limit myself to one square - so glad it's for someone else (even if I would love to scoff the lot)

Loobz Sun 15-May-05 21:11:44

That should have read 'base and filling' not 'case and filling' - think I've spent too much time in the sun this weekend

Yorkiegirl Sun 15-May-05 22:33:45

Message withdrawn

Fennel Mon 16-May-05 11:46:59

hi all

back from my morning run (smug emoticon). went yesterday too. and I made chocolate biscuit cake for a friend's birthday and only ate one piece and didn't lick the bowl - restrained or what?

can I ask a couple of question about fry light spray oil. does it taste any good? is it highly processed? (will it give you cancer while making you thin? (and should a serious dieter care?)

Loobz Mon 16-May-05 21:25:10

I use spray oil Fennel and it tastes okay but not sure if it's higly processed or not.
I've knackered my shoulder trying to roll a tree trunk into my garden - thought it would look good cos it's been hollowed out and I'm gonna put plants in it. Was too heavy though and had to give up and let dh and ds1 get it in for me - needless to say I'm not flavour of the month but hey - look at the exercise I've had
Got rid of the millionaires shortbread too but couldn't make my blancmange cos I didn't have any sugar free jelly - will get some tomorrow though.

marj Mon 16-May-05 21:32:14

Hi! Have just been to my SW class and have lost 2.5lbs. Happy and disappointed at the same time. Normally in the first week of a new diet I lose more than that, but pleased to have lost something anyway. That said, I have eaten really well and quite enjoyed the plan too.

Yorkiegirl Mon 16-May-05 21:48:38

Message withdrawn

norash40 Mon 16-May-05 22:08:16

Can anyone join?

Yorkiegirl Tue 17-May-05 14:19:06

Message withdrawn

norash40 Tue 17-May-05 15:13:43

Thanks Yorkiegirl, I am planning to start working out week after next ( After my 6 week check).

BethAndHerBrood Tue 17-May-05 17:04:51

Well done yorkie, 3.5 stone YAY!!!!!!!

Now then, i've just eaten a whole tub of houmous, looked on the SW website (after!) and it's 12 syns for the tubful!! That's not as bad as i thought it was going to be, but i could do with a low syn, or syn free recipe for it, pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!! So if any of you lovely ladies has one, share it with me!!!! I'm dreaming of the lasagne chips and syn free houmous!!!!! Heaven!!!!! TIA!!!

Loobz Tue 17-May-05 17:44:16

Here is the syn free one that I use Beth.

15oz can chick peas, drained
8oz very low fat natural fromage frais
bunch spring onions, finely chopped
juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Put all ingredients in a liquidiser and blend together. Adjust the amount of fromage frais used to achieve desired consistency and season to taste. (recipe taken from slimming worlds 125 green recipes)
You've just put me in the mood for that now and I think I've got chick peas somewhere.

Yorkiegirl Tue 17-May-05 17:45:43

Message withdrawn

Loobz Tue 17-May-05 17:47:24

Actually if my memory servers me right, I think I put some garlic in the last time I made it and it just gave it that extra something

BethAndHerBrood Tue 17-May-05 17:48:25

Thanks, loobz, that sounds delish, will make it at the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now