Talk

Advanced search

The Food Doctor

(6 Posts)
assumpta Fri 13-May-05 13:00:43

Has anyone done this diet, do you know what the 10 principles are and what is the 7 day diet that they all start off on. It is usually on the TV called the 'A List Diet'.

miaabi Fri 13-May-05 15:04:13

Hi assumpta,
i am doing it now and it's brilliant. I can not recomend it enough. the 7 day diet was in the previous book ( i bought the 'every day diet') and looks quite tough to me. However, starting with 'the everyday diet' has been brilliant. I am still feeding and have lost 8.5 (17 pounds) kilos in the last 2.5 months. No deprivation or hunger (unless you are up a lot at night, in which case you'll need a bit more food). Am feeling so fit and healthy it's a bit of a shock. Hope you get into it.

assumpta Fri 13-May-05 18:13:42

Miaabi, what kind of things can you eat. Where did you get the 'Everyday Diet' and how much was it.

I have about a stone to lose which doesn't seem very much, but I am quite short. I also need to get back into an exercise regime, but I just cannot motivate myself and feel I am letting myself down by not trying hard enough.

I would appreciate any information you can give. Thanks.

miaabi Sun 15-May-05 23:16:38

hi there
here is the ISBN: 140530605X
If you're feeling bad about things, this will help you feel so much better. it can be a bit of a big change for some, but i like to eat this way, so it has been brilliant for me. Amazon are doing them quite cheaply.
it has lots of really healthy, clean very very easy food. fresh fuit and veg, pulses, protiens and makes weight watchers look like a prison. lots of information about how and why it works and is incredibly accesible in all areas.
Must sleep now but let me know what you think.

assumpta Wed 18-May-05 17:42:06

Miaabe, it does seem to have a good day-to-day approach to healthy eating. It's so confusing with the amount of different diets that are out there.

mancmum Wed 18-May-05 17:47:36

it is basically a low GI sugar free diet... I have the first book and it is tough and very limited (2 pieces of red pepper and 2 nuts for a snack type of thing) but the results are excellent.. the everyday book is on book people for 4 quid..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now