Talk

Advanced search

Ive just made the most fantastic, tastiest dinner....

(4 Posts)
coolj Sun 21-Jun-09 18:34:53

What I want to know, is it healthy.

I dry fried half an onion, half a yellow pepper, 3 mushrooms, 3 cooked salad potatoes and 3 small, peppered mackrel fillets. I then added 2 eggs and cooked for 5 mins.

It was the tastiest dish ive had in my life. What I need to know is how bad/good it is for me.

I ate half of the amount I cooked which was about 3/4 of a breakfast bowl. Yummmy....

epithet Sun 21-Jun-09 18:39:18

That sounds delish! I can't see how it'd be bad for you at all, tbh.

I might have to try it though.

sparkybabe Sun 21-Jun-09 18:43:29

2 eggs and 3 fillets of mackerel is quite a lot! The veg is good tho I'd use the entire pepper and onion, and the pots are ok, but wouldn't it be better to use 1 egg and maybe 2 fillets of fish and bulk up the plate with tomatoes or salad leaves? It's a balanced meal tho

coolj Sun 21-Jun-09 19:05:43

To be honest I would have used 2 small fillets (to last 2 meals) but there was 3 in the pack and had to be used by today.

I just used up the leftover onion, peppers from my lunchtime salad sandwich grin. Same with the eggs, I had 2 left so used them up (I didnt want the remaining egg to be left in the fridge all by itself.)

It was sooo tasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now