Talk

Advanced search

Need to loose 10lb...

(8 Posts)
geordieminx Thu 18-Jun-09 17:11:14

I know it doesnt seem very much but I cannot for the life of me shift it...

Normal weight around 10 1/2 stone, after loosing 3 stone after having ds.

I'm currently 10 10, but need to get to 10stone or less for my wedding (begining of oct), but ideally for end of July for the next dress fitting.

I know I have a fair time to loose it, but at the moment I have hit a real flat spot (unlike my tummy), and am eating about 1000kcal a day but am not shifting it. I am one of life's crash dieters, no will power, just end up straving myself 2 weeks before any big occasions sad blush

If I cant get it off then I'm going to have to have my wedding dress let out blush

Any ideas how to a) get 10 off by the end of July and b) keep it off until October would be greatly appreciated. I dont think I have a big enough BMI for alli sad

geordieminx Thu 18-Jun-09 18:17:41

((hopeful bump))

gingernutlover Fri 19-Jun-09 07:03:51

1000 kals a day probably isnt enough to be honest

can you concentrate on eating 3 meals a day and no snacks, and drink lots of water. Don't worry about the calories, just make sure you dont eat for any reason except hunger

Stefka Fri 19-Jun-09 07:14:41

You are not eating enough. Your body will have gone into starvation mode and will be clinging on to fat cells. You need to eat more and keep your metabolism revved up.

ABetaDad Fri 19-Jun-09 07:20:34

Cut out all bread, cakes, biscuits, crisps, cereal bars, sugary/salty snacks (70% chocolate is OK).

Replace with fruit and fruit smoothees, a few nuts, dried fruit if feeling peckish. Take a good quality vitamin supplement and drink plenty of water.

Also eat only a small snack in evening and for your main meal at lunch eat plenty of protein and lots of vegetables/salad with little or no dressing rather than chips/potato/pasta.

Worked for me. Lost 10 lbs in last 6 weeks but was not massively obese anyway.

Congrats on getting married. smile

geordieminx Fri 19-Jun-09 10:33:00

I know 1000kcal isnt enough, but any more than that and I put on weight.

Good idea about swapping meals round, and cutting out bread et all and replacing with fruit. I am one of life's grazers, and will have 2 digestive biscuits with a cuppa for breakfast, which really isnt the right way..

Also can do water, will probably make me feel better too, as at the moment I have 2 cups of tea a day and thats it. Probably dehydrated.

Thanks again betadad(you advised re flight upgrades a while ago) grin

scoutandjem Fri 19-Jun-09 10:50:53

hello

I had to lose a stone for my wedding in 1998 and did so in two weeks on cabbage soup diet.
(stayed off until had first child in 2002 smile

However i am off on hols 9th july and need to lose a stone. I am on the atkins diet, and have lost seven pounds in seven days.

Read about how if you cut out all carbs your body starts burning fat. Sounds odd but if you read it makes sense.

Most of weight has gone from hips which is great as I was developing muffin top.

Lots of exercise even if just walking - never sit down during the day if you can help it. Diet coke and gum also helps (though neither allowed on Atkins it is my only sin)

Best of luck. S x

ps agree that 1000k is crazy and your body will go into starvation mode and store fat while burning up muscle for energy.

Ivykaty44 Sat 20-Jun-09 15:58:41

I would agree that 1000 calories is not eiough and could end up making you larger than you are by october - the body is very clever and due to the fact you are now starving it, it will register more food when you put more in and hold on to it for all it is worth wink really

I would say if you really want to calory count then do so but eat proper food, eat regular and use fruit to snack on a lot.

Get walking and running and cycling and swimming and decrease your calories that way.
Excersise twice a day for 20-30 minutes, alter your intake of calories so one day you have 1700, then the nesxt day have 2000, then 1800 and then 1700 - it makes stops your body going into starvation mode by altering the intake and altering the out put.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now