Talk

Advanced search

May 2009 mums weight-loss support group - let's work together to lose those jelly bellies!

(135 Posts)
pulapula Wed 17-Jun-09 15:11:57

Thought i'd set something up, as so many of us are interested in joining.

Not sure what goes on in these threads, but guess a good starting point is for everyone to state how much weight they want to lose? Then i guess we need to decide whether to just update each other on progress as and when, or whether we should have a communal weighin say on the 1st of each month.

I guess if anyone has any healthy recipes, or exercise tips, then its a good place to share them too. Also a good place to boast when you've eaten something healthy rather than heading for the biscuit tin blush, or when you've dropped a dress size or got back in pre-preg clothes (I've had to go and buy more clothes as i'm nowhere near my pre-pg size).

pulapula Wed 17-Jun-09 15:14:51

I'll kick things off:

My name is pulapula and i would like to lose a stone (or more would be nice) in weight. Currently i weigh 11st 5lbs and am in size 14 clothes. I would love to get back to size 12. I am relying on BF to lose some weight but need to eat more healthily too (and do some pram pushing if S would not scream every time we go for a walk).

llareggub Wed 17-Jun-09 15:28:09

Me too!

Am 2 sizes smaller than pre-preg weight due to GD, exercise in pregnanvy and bf. Want to keep it off and carry on the weight loss. Am now size 16.

Am using the wii fit, Davina's workout and pram pushing.

runningmonkey Wed 17-Jun-09 17:34:50

bookmarking will pop back later and 'declare my intentions!'

SpangleMaker Wed 17-Jun-09 17:58:32

Hi

No idea how much weight I need/want to lose as my scales are broken (probably a good thing grin) but would ideally like to get down to wedding weight of 8st 5 (am 5ft 1in so not as skinny as it sounds) but as my pre-pg weight was nearer 10st it's something of a tall order. New clothes needed here too

I'm relying on bf-ing, cutting down on crap, walking with pushchair and (later) chasing crawling baby around smile Have Davina workout somewhere so will try that too.

SpangleMaker Wed 17-Jun-09 18:07:36

pula I'd be up for a monthly weigh-in for the incentive.

I suppose this is not the place to say I've just eaten half a ton of jelly beans (for the jelly belly grin). My excuse is that Dandy said we would start on Monday!

LoobyLou36 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:27:31

bookmarking will be back in a bit

Blottedcopybook Wed 17-Jun-09 19:15:21

I just want my stomach to look vaguely normal again! I'm 5'8", 13st6lbs and a large 16/small 18. I WANT TO BE IN A SIZE 12 AGAIN!

Febes Wed 17-Jun-09 20:18:54

I don't know if I want to be on here or not yet. I have no scales and haven't weighed myself in years. I am size 20/22 and would like to be size 16. I am nearly 6ft so size 14/16 suits me although I haven't been that since I was 18 blush.
I am doing lots of pram pushing and running after a wild toddler and BFing. I have been pregnant or Bf for the past 2 and a half years so feel I have lost touch with what feels normal with my body.

Kafka Wed 17-Jun-09 20:40:19

Can I join too? I am a bit lonely on my thread. I am doing Alli tablets and I need to start exercising.

I am 80kg and I would settle for 70kg at 5.5 it would be a good result. Not been that weight for decades sad.

Exhaustion re work and being run ragged by my five year old and thre year old mean that comfort eating has been my downfall.

I think I might have to accept it is going to take a long time to loose weight as loosing but very very slowly.

Kafka Wed 17-Jun-09 20:45:37

Can I join too? I am a bit lonely on my thread. I am doing Alli tablets and I need to start exercising.

I am 80kg and I would settle for 70kg at 5.5 it would be a good result. Not been that weight for decades sad.

Exhaustion re work and being run ragged by my five year old and thre year old mean that comfort eating has been my downfall.

I think I might have to accept it is going to take a long time to loose weight as loosing but very very slowly.

Kafka Wed 17-Jun-09 20:45:39

Jennster Wed 17-Jun-09 21:32:21

Hello there. Me too.

I'm 5'10'', size 14/16 would prefer to be 12/14, currently 78kg 12st10?, would prefer to be 70kg 11st?.

I don't lose weight in earnest until I cut down on breastfeeding.....so that will be in a year or so. grin My biggest downfall is snacking during the day. I don't get the chance at work.

Blottedcopybook Wed 17-Jun-09 22:40:24

I genuinely don't know how the weight isn't dropping off me. I'm barely getting a meal finished, I never stop from the minute I get up until the minute I get to bed and I'm breastfeeding

FiKelly Thu 18-Jun-09 13:07:56

I will get round to weighing myself again but i know last week i was 176lbs and i was 163lbs before baby kelly #2. ideally i'd like to be closer to the 146lbs i was before #1dc to fit my favourite clothes.. though maybe some of them could be bit dated now! hmm

hi to kafka the more the merrier

ReeBee Thu 18-Jun-09 15:55:53

Right, I'm 5'10" and a generous size 16 / small 18 at the moment. I'm usually a smallish 16. I'm <whispers> 14-11 right now (well, as of yesterday morning) and want to get to anywhere under 13 for a start but ideally to 12-1 (wedding weight). Have always been curvy and will be keeping it that way...

Jennster, am v envious of you as you're virtually where I want to end up!

I am in a lot of my pre preg clothes but have a very disconcerting jelly belly which is just horrible but I can't exercise for a few weeks due to issues with stitches and episiotomy.

Jael Thu 18-Jun-09 16:10:46

Hiya ladies.
I'm 5'2 and a half, can't forget that half! lol and at the moment I'm 11st 11lb's,my pre-pregnancy weight was 11st 4lb, which was overweight for for frame anyways, I never lost any of my baby weight from DD1 I'm going to aim to get to 10 stone, If I could get to 9stone, that would be my absolute dream, as that was my weight when me and DP first met

As you know I'm on a waiting list to have my gall bladder removed, as I have gallstones that developed in pregnancy, so at the moment I'm on a no fat or very low fat diet, and so far it's working for me...yes it's VERY boring, but last week I lost 7lb's so can't complain there!

llareggub Thu 18-Jun-09 16:47:34

I've just weighed weighed myself on the wii and I've lost a pound. That's 12 pounds in the 38 days I've been using the wii and trying to lose weight. I'm now 12 stone 9, my lightest weight in bloody years! Hurrah.

Jael Thu 18-Jun-09 17:42:14

Illareggub Welldone is that wii fit worth getting?

emmabemmasmom Thu 18-Jun-09 17:44:44

I am currently 13st. I was 12.5 when I got pregnant this time and a size 12/14. I can fit into some pre-preg stuff but have a nice little muffin top that I would rather not have! I don't know how much I weighed when I got married but I was a size 10 and would love to be back into those clothes (yes, I still have some!). Ideally I would like to be 11st as a goal to start with a dream closer to 10st. I am also 5'2" so it is not that small.

One of my favorite things to eat (had it today) is my 'healthy pizza' I take a whole wheat pita and slice it in half to make two. I place it on a baking try and add sliced baby tomatoes (find them sweeter) drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh basil and top with a little mozz cheese. Place in oven for a few min until cheese melts. Ohh it is so good!

I then ruined the good lunch with a brownie and hazelnut ice cream. Boo.

emmabemmasmom Thu 18-Jun-09 17:47:50

Oh I also have the wii fit. It is nice to know I have it for when I feel ready but it won't work out itself! Once I am feeling up to it and can plan some time without having a baby attached to me I will start that.

Having some anxiety issues about getting out, which I am sure you all know from things said in the other thread, but plan on getting better soon and starting to walk more as well.

llareggub Thu 18-Jun-09 18:04:20

I know everyone is different, emma but I find that when I exercise I do feel a bit better about things. Certainly today after exercising I felt more motivated to tackle the hovel kitchen. DS2 cooed happily on the floor while I jogged. DS1 was fast asleep upstairs.

I like the wii fit. I don't think it would suit an already fit person, but for a mother at home with 2 children it is great as I can fit in some exercise around naps and weigh myself at the same time. I try and do 20 mins of aerobic activity with 10 minutes of yoga or muscle toning. Some of the games on there like skiing or ski jumping are just fun, I think, but it all helps I guess.

Tummum Thu 18-Jun-09 18:11:51

Hello everyone. I love the idea of a monthly weigh-in. Great idea.

No idea what I weigh, but will have a look on wii fit later on today. Before I was pg I was size 16 and now am 18/20 but I really want to get down to a size 14 as I think that sort of size fits my 5"7 frame. I was last that sort of size when I got married... 10 years ago blush

My ideas for losing the weight are to stop eating crap (and I eat a lot of crap) and start exercising properly, either on the X-trainer that is languishing in my bedroom or jogging in the country park. Will attempt a couple of minutes on the X-trainer later when the DC are in bed. Honest.

DandyLioness Thu 18-Jun-09 18:44:32

Message withdrawn

emmabemmasmom Thu 18-Jun-09 19:25:43

llare Yes I totally agree with you. Usually, when I used to work out anyway, I would also feel so much better afterward. However, right now I am not resting enough and since DD is such a live wire and only sleeps for 1 hour a day, I try to use that time to sit and relax. It also works out that S wakes up right about then and wants fed too (how dare she?!) I do plan on setting S on more of a dependable schedule and making a plan to do more. Maybe night would be best for me so DH can watch S...

dandy I am also starting Monday. Just trying to fit more healhty stuff in my day now but not killing myself for the 3 1 brownie I had today blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now