Talk

Advanced search

Seriously need to lose at least a stone...anyone got a delicious recipe that's not too fattening.

(5 Posts)
Curiousmama Wed 10-Jun-09 20:17:04

I have a tendency to put weight on my stomach and it's getting a bit bad right now. I know I need to exercise more but I do cycle and also walk a fair bit with the dog. Still, I need to do some exercise that gets my heart rate up.

I love food but also love healthy food. The big problem is dp is an excellent cook and we tend to eat big portions. I love cooking too and am pretty good so it can be a bit of a food fest chez curious. I know I need to cut down portion size blush

Anyone got any easy-ish recipe ideas that aren't too guilt ridden? I'm getting a bit sick of trying to eat a lot of salad. I've cut out most bread not just for dieting reasons but it bloats me a lot too.

TIA

Sarah2009 Wed 10-Jun-09 20:53:40

Hi there

I too LOVE food and about 6 months ago I joined slimming world and the best thing about that is that you can eat as much as you like of certain foods like meat and pasta and make your own sauces. So for example spagetti bolognese you could eat as much as you like I sometimes eat two lots! I have lost 2 stone on the diet - which I still don't know how.

The only thing you have to do is cut down on certain foods but you get an allowance of syns which I tend to only use for wine or treats as you can eat so much free food, sorry for the jargot talk - free food is the food you can eat as much as you like.

I made for lunch today a really easy soup -

3 potatoes
2 leeks
2 strips of bacon
a cup of peas
500 ml of stock

chop all finely then place onions and bacon in frying pan fry for a few mins then add rest of ingredients and simmer for about 25 mins then blend and then add some low fat creme freche or low fat milk.

Was yummy and fillng.

Have a look at slimming world website it gives you a 7 day eating plan for free ... slimmingworld.co.uk

Hope this helps

Curiousmama Wed 10-Jun-09 21:32:08

Thanks for that Sarah. My exdh lost loads of weight with Slimming world. I think there's a class up the road from me I'll have to check what night it's on? I think going to a class helps to be honest.

nomorecake Thu 11-Jun-09 10:51:58

i've reduced my cals in the day so i can still have a (smaller portion) of the dinners i love at night, with a large side of salad/veg.
so far its working for me, and i still get to eat the things i like, just (a lot) less of them.

sorry no recipe! but good luck.

Curiousmama Thu 11-Jun-09 13:27:21

thanks nomorecake good luck to you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now