Talk

Advanced search

Diet & Migraines

(11 Posts)
Ner1993 Wed 10-Jun-09 08:22:02

Hi all

I was wondering if any of you have the same problem as me - migraines! Mine are usually confined to hormonal influences but since starting my diet 1 week & 2 days ago ;0) I have had three migraines! I am determined to carry on with my diet but was wondering if any of you lovely ladies encountered the same problem and how you combat it?

Thanks

Ner

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 10-Jun-09 08:28:28

What have you/haven't you been eating/drinking? In other words, how have you changed your diet?

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 10-Jun-09 08:29:09

And I believe I'm right in saying that a migraine can be triggered by not eating, so maybe you need to eat more by spacing out what you're eating?

Ner1993 Wed 10-Jun-09 08:40:17

I think you're right Because I'm Worth it. My calorie intake and overall diet has changed dramatically. I am currently eating 3 meals a day with 2 snacks (apple or orange) mid morning with a calorie intake between 1200 & 1250 per week. I am going to increase it to 1500 next week but am really trying hard to stick to the Rosemary Conley plan. Thanks for your advice though

Ner

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 10-Jun-09 08:45:02

I have no idea if sugar impacts on migraines, but it does occur to me that if you're eating a piece of fruit as a snack then you will be spiking your body's insulin response. It might be worth substituting one of those snacks for some veg - e.g. some chopped celery/cucumber/pepper.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 10-Jun-09 08:46:23

Ooh look! I was right!

Dr Biwi

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 10-Jun-09 08:48:32

Another interesting link

Don't know what you're eating, but this could help too.

Ner1993 Wed 10-Jun-09 08:51:38

So you were - thank you! I will definitely try that - good shout - thanks so much! I'll let you know how it goes!

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 10-Jun-09 08:52:56

Good luck! I have only suffered from migraines once in my life, when I was pregnant with DS1 and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, so I hope you manage to get them under control.

NorkyButNice Wed 10-Jun-09 08:54:36

You haven't drastically reduced your caffiene intake at the same have you? That can bring on bad headaches and occasionally migraines if you are susceptible to them.

Ner1993 Wed 10-Jun-09 09:00:16

Yep that too - it's looking like a text book case isn't it! Arragh! I'll def try switching from friut to veg and hopefully the caffine issue should resolve itself soon

Thanks again both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now