Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend any appetite-supression tablets that work?

(8 Posts)
beaniebaby25 Mon 08-Jun-09 11:55:51

Title says it all really. I'm following Food Focus and trying to reduce my calorie intake and could do with some help with my appetite. There seems to be hundreds of 'natural appetite supressants' on the market but I wondered if anyone here had any experience?

Are there any you'd recommend or warn me against?

Please help.. I must reach my target weight by summer holiday blush

MerlinsBeard Mon 08-Jun-09 11:57:45

water is good, sometimes thirst is mistaken for hunger so the body makes you think you are hungry

Sheeta Mon 08-Jun-09 11:57:53

bump - interested in this too

beaniebaby25 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:24:10

Thanks MumofMonsters. I've been drinking a lot more water and agree, it definitely does make a difference. it does stave off those hunger pangs.

I was also looking for a boost though, and had read that Adios was good but several reviews i've read indicate it's just not potent enough to do anything. UniqueHoodia looks good though... just don't want to waste my hard-earned ££ on something that won't work. sad

MerlinsBeard Mon 08-Jun-09 14:26:24

You really will get used to eating a smaller amount, trust me. Maybe you just need distraction or healthy low cal snacks to tide you over

scoutandjem Mon 08-Jun-09 14:38:40

I have tried alli, adiios and zotrim. All uselss. I only have a stone to lose but it is proving v difficult. Once got slimming pills from a dodgy source and didn't sleep for a whole night only realsie in hindsight that it was proably speed?!!

I'm going back to Atkins, can eat plenty as long as carb free. Here we come laughing cow cheese and turkey slices!!

spokette Mon 08-Jun-09 14:43:40

Drink a glass of water every hour. Most of the time when you think you are hungry you are actually thirsty.

boodleboot Fri 12-Jun-09 18:59:33

i tried these tablets called 'dare to bare'. They really worked. i got them from my local tanning shop but they are online. herbal and safe as far as i can see,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now