Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am COMPLETELY useless

(16 Posts)
FabulousBakerGirl Sat 06-Jun-09 20:14:46

This week I have been trying to get fit and lose weight.

Walked to school and back more than usual.

When I have driven I have only done so part of the way.

Eaten more fruit.

Not eaten after dinner as much as normal.

Done exercise dvd 3 times. Each time it has got harder hmm.

Put 2lbs on.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 06-Jun-09 21:55:02

Why the hell are you weighing yourself every week. If you do what you have done for four weeks then weigh yourself you will lose weight.

Keep on my dear. It took a while to gain weight I bet, it may take more than a few weeks to lose it.

FabulousBakerGirl Sat 06-Jun-09 21:59:30

I thought once a week was okay. blush

I have three children. 6 months to lose weight after number 1, 12 months after number 2 and I am 2 stone heavier than when I fell pregnant with number one and number 3 is almost 4. blush.

Thank you .

whomovedmychocolate Sat 06-Jun-09 22:09:24

Wow, I'm actually thinner that I was on my wedding day pre-kids. Paul McKenna CDs did it for me though! Mind you I am motivated to exercise now and do actively seek ways to do so (have just got bike and toddler trailer).

The thing is - your weight is just a number and will fluctuate naturally by about seven pounds either way - sorry but it's true. If you obsessively weigh yourself you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. Why don't you just go on how your clothes fit?

But keep up the exercise - it's good for you and it will help.

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 07-Jun-09 14:06:26

In the aerobic part of the dvd there is a move I struggle with so DH suggested I try a different part and I think I have found the section for me. It hurt (no pain, no gain?) but I can also feel and believe that it will do me some good. It also inspired me to have my pasta salad for breakfast so I have longer to burn it off. Had a Sunday treat of one beef burger in a bap and will be having fruit for the rest of the day.

MerlinsBeard Sun 07-Jun-09 14:17:24

once a week is fine however, 1 week will not have made a blind bit of difference just yet.

Also don't forget that body weight can fluctuate by about 2/3 lbs during the day.

Will take some time to see a difference

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 07-Jun-09 14:19:41

For the last few weeks I have had 6lb off one week and 6lb on the following week. I can't believe that is what has happened for a minute tbh.

DietDisasterTriesAgain Sun 07-Jun-09 19:46:43

Huh - you think you've got problems? I weighed myself this AM before eating (and after peeing blush) and was 13 stone 13 (down from 14 stone 7 in a week). I was so overjoyed that I had got into the 13s that I could'nt resist weighing myself later after I had been to the gym and they showed 14 stone 8!!!! I know I did not eat and drink 9lbs worth in 4 hours. I would definitely advise weighing yourself every month (which is what I'm going to do from now on).

DietDisasterTriesAgain Sun 07-Jun-09 19:48:03

They were the same scales as well!

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 07-Jun-09 19:55:55

It is so disheartening when that happens, isn't it?

SpinningEm Sun 07-Jun-09 20:00:55

FabulousBakerGirl - you could be me!! I am so cross I can't lose weight after dd3 who will b3 4 at the end o this year & I too need to lose 2 stone to be what I was before having last dd! What has changed to make it so hard??

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 07-Jun-09 20:08:58

I have heard it gets harder after each baby but I have no idea why.

I have done great today though so feel hopeful.

oneforward20back Mon 08-Jun-09 05:41:11

You also have to account for the fact that muscle weighs more then fat when compared in terms of volume. Thus if you suddenly start exercising you will be working off fat -loosing weight and gaining muscle -gaining weight. This is temporary and the moer muscle you have the more fat you burn (aparantly) so this is a very common phomina
(blush at my spelling)

"I have heard it gets harder after each baby but I have no idea why."

I'm only guessing as I only have one but I would have thought the simple answer is that you have less and less time for "you". Whether than means respecting your body by eating healthily or getting to the gym/out for a run. It's easier to pick at the kids meals than make a salad for yourself or at the end of the day you are so knackered you would rather slump in front of the TV than get the exercise DVD out.

It takes 3 days to change a baby habit and something like 3 months to change an adult habit (in fact I think it is longer but can't remember exactly). You need to make exercise a habit so keep going.

Also am not sure about pasta salad for breakfast!

FabulousBakerGirl Mon 08-Jun-09 08:08:34

It was chicken pasta salad and was lovely. It was a very late breakfast - didn't wake up until 9.40am - but I couldn't have eaten it at 7! Seemed logical as pasta gives you energy and fills you up easier.

Breakfast is key. DH and I were able to have a decent breakfast, a smaller lunch and then a snack tea.

I have had some muesli this morning and will have a crumpet mid morning if needed.

I am walking the kids to school - much to DS1's disgust - and then I will do my exercise dvd once I have been to the post office.

I feel I will be able to keep it up as I want to get fit. All the women in my family are big around the middle and I don't want to be carrying this extra 2 stone forever.

FabulousBakerGirl Mon 08-Jun-09 14:26:33

Done well today.

Had cereal for breakfast, bean salad and home made rhubarb muffin for lunch. No snacks. Water. Having jacket potato with baked beans, no butter for dinner.

Walked to school and back, did about half an hour of my exercise dvd, running around doing jobs including the ironing shock, DH normally does it grin and now my stomach muscles and leg muscles are hurting.

Might be able to stick to this. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now