Talk

Advanced search

prozac and lack of weight loss?

(1 Post)
tinatutor Sat 06-Jun-09 19:52:16

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this.

I've been on Prozac for about 5 yrs, never had any problems with it really. When I first went on it, I even lost a couple of pounds.

For last 5 years I've been desperately trying to lose weight. I am 4 stone overweight and it drives me nuts. I've tried SW/WW, Slim Fast, Herbal life.. and no matter how hard I try, I only ever lose 3-5lbs.
The woman at Herbal life said she had never seen it 'not work' and couldn't believe that I didn't lose anything (my husband did it with me, over 3mths, he lost 1.5 stone, I lost 5lbs)

I currently eat a low fat diet and run 20miles a week. I've done 2 half marathons in last 6mths and not lost a single pound. (i have gone down a dress size which is great but i am still soooo heavy)

Anyway, went to docs last week, he suggested it might be a thyroid problem cos I'm dead tired all the time aswell. Just got results back and my thyroid is normal.

Am so fed up and now wondering if it might be my prozac doing something to my metabolism.

Has anyone come off Prozac and found it easier to lose weight?

Any suggestions/advice very welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now