Talk

Advanced search

The BigMoFo's ride again

(94 Posts)
TigerFeet Wed 03-Jun-09 20:47:21

Come out, come out, wherever you are grin

JackieNo Wed 03-Jun-09 20:49:36

Ooh - well done grin. So how are things with you? Are you blooming?

TigerFeet Wed 03-Jun-09 20:56:13

Blooming - ha! I have hyperemesis... I've been sick constantly since week 6, am now on week 26. I'm taking medication to keep it under control.

I'm a stone and a half lighter than I was at Christmas shock which I lost in 5-6 weeks. I haven't put a pound on since I got the sickness and weight loss under control.

It's supposed to be nine months on, nine months off - in my case each nine months is for a different pregnancy, with five years between the two grin

How are you?

JackieNo Wed 03-Jun-09 20:59:21

Poor you with the hyperemesis sad. That must be really horrible (understatement, I know). Bit of a silver lining, I suppose. How's your lovely DD?

I'm doing OK, but I've put back on loads of the weight I'd lost when we started the MoFos sad blush. It's just crept on gradually, and it was really only when I started putting more summery clothes on that I hadn't worn since last year, that I really noticed it, although I knew it was happening. I'm really annoyed with myself, but still not managing to get a grip and do anything about it (story of my life!).

Mintyy Wed 03-Jun-09 21:03:31

I'm here. Think you might have known me as DaphneHarvey grin. Was on Greeny's thread earlier, getting a bit miffed with SillySarah or whatever her name is.

TigerFeet Wed 03-Jun-09 21:04:54

DD's doing well thanks, settled well at school (finally). How are your two? Didn't your ds start school this year too?

Isn't it annoying how the weight just creeps on like that? I managed to put on two or three stone a couple of years ago without really noticing. I must have realised that my clothes were too small and got bigger ones without really thinking about it in terms of weight - proper head in the sand stuff. When I went to WW at the beginning of last year I nearly died when they weighed me blush

It's so hard to stop it happening isn't it?

Summer's always the time that makes me think about my weight and size/shape more - particularly when it comes to dressing properly as per Greeny's thread.

JackieNo Wed 03-Jun-09 21:05:04

Yay - didn't realise it was you, iyswim grin. How are you Mintyy?

TigerFeet Wed 03-Jun-09 21:05:52

Oh hi Mintyy! Hmmm, lose weight... now why didn't we think of that grin

JackieNo Wed 03-Jun-09 21:09:13

It's definitely easier to 'hide' in winter clothes - I love my boots and opaque tights. Roll on autumn, I say.

Yes, DD and DS both doing well. DS has settled in fine at school. He did have a few blips in the first term, when he had a few (well, 3 or 4) massive tantrums, when people dismantled models of things that he'd made with lego or whatever. Even got sent to the headmaster once shock. Teacher told him to go and sit with the timer (aka the naughty step) and he refused, so she sent him to the headmaster! But now he knows he can't react like that, it seems to have settled down.

DD's doing loads of sport - she seems to be pretty good at swimming, and is still doing gym, ballet and football. No idea where she gets the sportiness from!

Mintyy Wed 03-Jun-09 21:10:44

Oh this is nice, now we just need Kew and Coppertop and Dotty and Mrs JC to turn up and it will be like ol times (and anyone else who was a BigMoFo, sorry if I haven't mentioned you).

Look, I've made some nice savoury things like samosas and mini spring rolls with a lovely dipping sauce for all to share grin.
And a lovely cold beer. Clink!

Am good, thanks for asking JackieNo, but another 6lb heavier thanks to FINALLY quitting smoking nine months ago. My size 14s are on the snug side now, I'm afraid, really rather snug.

TigerFeet Wed 03-Jun-09 21:14:43

Good for her!

Sadly for her it would appear that dd takes after me in the sportiness front - she had her Sports Day today and didn't really shine. She runs exactly like I do, sort of lolloping along in a frenzy of arm and leg flailing without actually making much progress. She really enjoyed it though, despite coming last in two of the three races she was in, so all was well.

School is such a big ajustment isn't it? I was fairly sure that dd would be fine as she was used to nursery - oh how wrong I was - the first term she cried a lot and hated being left. She's absoulutely fine now thankfully.

TigerFeet Wed 03-Jun-09 21:16:45

Well done on the smoking Mintyy - been there done that, I know how hard it is.

I haven't seen many of the other MoFo's around recently . I know WigWamBam deleted her account. I've seen Kewcumber's name a few times but not really any of the others.

JackieNo Wed 03-Jun-09 21:21:13

Well done on the giving up smoking Mintyy - that's brilliant. And I think well worth a few extra pounds (they'll only be temporary, after all, won't they...wink). The health benefits of not smoking have to outweigh the, um, disbenefits (I think that is a word, though not one I like) of being a few pounds heavier.

hockeypuck Thu 04-Jun-09 14:42:13

Hi I'm still here too. I kept checking the other MoFo thread but it was pretty empty over the winter!

I'm thinking of booking a 'proper' package holiday in September, in the 2 week window I have between finish my MSc and starting my PhD. Looking at the brochures has me shock at the prospect of swimming costumes and sunbathing....but food tastes too nice to ignore it!!

Good to see you're about - any news from Kew?

coppertop Thu 04-Jun-09 14:44:42

<slinks back in>

You've no idea how much I need you all to keep me out of the fridge on the straight and narrow.

PortAndLemon Thu 04-Jun-09 14:47:35

<slinks in> I used to be a BigMoFo... well, sadly I still am a BigMoFo, but I used to be a member of the thread ages ago. Will you have me back? <looks at assembled crowd with big puppydog eyes>

JackieNo Thu 04-Jun-09 15:26:55

I think we're all feeling the same PortAndLemon grin. Maybe we can all encourage each other again.

TigerFeet Tue 09-Jun-09 14:03:51

Hello everyone, lovely to see you all

The issues we have with food never go away do they? We could lose a stone or two but sooner or later it creeps back on again. That's certainly my experience anyway. I've been to three different slimming clubs over the past six or seven years and my starting weights were approx:

1. Slimming World, started Autumn 2002, 14 stones and a few pounds (and I was shocked at that lol grin). Lost a total of 2.5 stones

2. Rosemary Conley, started New Year 2006, 16 stone. Lost about a stone and a half

3. WW, started New Year 2008, 17 stones 2lb, lost about half a stone but gave up fairly quickly as it was difficult to get to the meetings.

I weighed myself over Christmas and I was back up to 17st +, but the hyperemesis has meant I am now 15st 6lb at 26weeks pg.

My oh so helpful (hmm) Mum said that it's a good thing that I had the weight to lose or I would have been in trouble, and she may have a point, and plenty of people have pointed out that I will be glad of the weight loss in the long run - but the truth is I worry slightly that I haven't put any on! There is no pleasing some people is there...

I am not convinced that the weight will stay off anyway grin

JackieNo Wed 10-Jun-09 08:15:36

It's very difficult to eat sensibly when you have a newborn, isn't it (or at least, that's what I found). The tendency to use food as a reward or a comfort is so strong, that when you're going through sleeplessness and a certain amount of turmoil (however easy you find it having a newborn), meant that I seemed to live on toast and chocolate, certainly the first time around, though not quite as much second time around - you're in a routine of looking after the first one, and so you need to provide something sensible for them, and sit down with them to eat, so you might be more likely to eat sensible food yourself (hmm - in theory, anyway!).

TigerFeet Wed 10-Jun-09 17:23:56

Oh god yes, white toast with real butter <slurp>. Essential breastfeeding fuel imo.

With dd my weight was fairly stable whilst I bf'd her but once I stopped it just ballooned. I seemed to forget to allow for the fact that a small baby was no longer extracting 500 calories a day (or whatever it is) from me blush and continued to stuff in the refined carbs

alittlebitshy Wed 10-Jun-09 17:29:18

May i re-join? i was on here about 3 yrs ago. I lost 3 stone, yay.

Then i got pg, had ds and now weigh more than i did before i lost my 3 stone.

feck. but can't stop eating. arse. ds is 10 months, bfing, but i don;t think that is my excuse. I wish it was but i know what i eat blush.

JackieNo Wed 10-Jun-09 20:14:59

Hi there alittlebitshy smile. Nice to see you too.

DottyDot Wed 10-Jun-09 20:18:53

Hello!!! Well it seems like no time at all since I was last on here - and surprise, surprise I'm still trying to lose weight! grin

Lost a couple of stone with WW about 3 years ago, put it all back on + a stone and joined WW again about 8 weeks ago and am slowly (very slowly hmm) but surely losing a bit again - about 10lb so far...

Blardy hell it's hard work isn't it..?!

Nice to see people on here again though - where's Kew though and it's a shame WWB isn't around any more. I left MN for a bit but then somehow got caught up in it again. Not on here as much as I used to be, but will definitely join in these threads - need the inspiration/motivation!

JackieNo Wed 10-Jun-09 20:31:26

It is lovely to see you all again grin. Well done on getting started again DottyDot - I'm still not doing very well. Good intentions, but can't get into the groove.

TigerFeet Wed 10-Jun-09 20:57:37

Some more MoFo's

Alittlebitshy, you sound exactly the same as I was when I had dd. I put on a lot of weight whilst pregnant, and never lost it. I only ever managed to lose the extra bits I put on over and above the pg weight gain. Perhaps you could join a slimming club, do you think it would help at all?

Good luck DottyDot, losing the weight slowly is better in the long run isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now