Talk

Advanced search

Alli - The bottle is in front of me but now I'm scared to start.

(18 Posts)
unavailable Wed 03-Jun-09 18:05:10

I've done a quick trawl down and couldnt see a recent Alli thread in this topic, but apologies if it has been done.

I have gone up 2 dress sizes since giving up smoking 18 months ago. I ordered some Alli on line to give me a bit of a kick start on a diet. Once I get going, and can see/feel the results I plan to continue without. I have read the leaflet and some reviews on line and in the newspapers.

Now I am scared to start. I have cooked a chicken and spinach curry for dinner. What will happen if I eat a normal meal (not particulary high fat, but not a "diet" meal iykwim)? Do I need to ensure the bathroom is free all evening?
Help!

Greensleeves Wed 03-Jun-09 18:09:09

is that the one that makes you shit yourself?

unavailable Wed 03-Jun-09 18:11:44

Yes Greensleeves, I believe it is! Oh sod it, I've wasted my money havent I?

Greensleeves Wed 03-Jun-09 18:12:51

Hang on, I don't know it's a waste of money, I haven't tried it!

I'm considering it actually, I'm more than desperate enough grin

unavailable Wed 03-Jun-09 18:19:30

With my fab sense of timing, there is another thread on this topic in "General Health" (I didnt think to look there before) and the general consensus is not so good, with a few nightmare tales of wayward bowels thrown in for good measure.

I am now more scared.

unavailable Thu 04-Jun-09 09:00:03

Well, I did take my first pill with dinner last night. Despite fears, there have been no ill effects.

thirtysomething Thu 04-Jun-09 09:13:01

i'm in the same situation unavailable - have had the bottle on my shelf for a month and am too scared to start!!

shivermetimbers Thu 04-Jun-09 09:17:04

I take xenical which is the same thing but twice the strength and i have never had any accidents.You just have to be sensible, if you stick to a low fat diet everything should be fine.

unavailable Thu 04-Jun-09 09:26:21

Thirtysomething - I am very wary of taking it during the day, when I am at work/ out and about. I think I will just take one in the evening (which is my main meal anyway). Be brave! If Shivermetimbers has been fine with a higher strentgh version, we should be ok.

thirtysomething Thu 04-Jun-09 13:10:29

thanks unavailable and shivermetimbers i think that's just the kick up the backside I needed to get me started!!

katiestar Sat 06-Jun-09 19:59:46

how much does it cost ?

hotbot Sat 06-Jun-09 20:08:57

you need to consistently use it, start on a weekend if you dont work then - the side effects arent too bad if you are too naughty - but its the thought that keeps you on the straight and narrow

take it ........ NOW .......

thirtysomething Sun 07-Jun-09 10:35:11

hotbot has it worked for you, in terms of weight loss? Guess I'm scared to try as it's my last resort....so if it doesn't work I'm doomed!!

hotbot Sun 07-Jun-09 18:52:41

yes, i ahve to say it did , for the short term i used it, it did make an impression on my weight which gave me the confidence and routine to lose more weight myself. i would use it again , short-term

Theimperialcharliecat Sun 07-Jun-09 19:04:57

I've been using it for 4 weeks now and have lost 9 pounds...but you MUST stick to a low fat low calorie diet. For me the thought of the side effects are enough to keep me on the the straight and narrow.

Theimperialcharliecat Sun 07-Jun-09 19:04:59

I've been using it for 4 weeks now and have lost 9 pounds...but you MUST stick to a low fat low calorie diet. For me the thought of the side effects are enough to keep me on the the straight and narrow.

shivermetimbers Sun 07-Jun-09 20:07:43

Forgot to mention I have lost 49lb since new year, i just take it once a day after main meal.

cpen Thu 11-Jun-09 10:39:17

hi i have been using it for a week now and have lost 5 pounds.It takes a bit of getting used to and i've had a few rush trips to the loo but its really acting as a deterent i won't eat high fat stuff cos i know i'll pay for it.I have previously really struggled to stay motivated but i really think this will work for me .good luck let us know how you get on claude x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now