Talk

Advanced search

CAN YOU GET FIT AT 30 YEARS OLD ? AFTER 2 CHILDREN ??

(7 Posts)
Sensitivechildminder Wed 03-Jun-09 18:02:38

I need some positive stories there !! I have ditched completely alcohol, fat cheese (that was my main weekness), dont eat between meals..join an excercise group (3 times a week) and I go swimming once a week. I need to lose 2 stones and to get fit in general.. Go on is it doable ?? Forget to add, I have fat arms, can it be sorted ? I mean looking decent again ??

Lizzylou Wed 03-Jun-09 18:07:39

Of course, I started going to the gym/running/spinning etc at the ripe old age of 33yrs old, and I lost 2 stone.
I have put a bit back on, so am doing it all again at 36 grin
I'm sure it easier if you are early 20's, but I was far too busy smoking, drinking and having a social life to be bothered exercising in them days. Mores the blooming pity.

HuffwardlyRudge Wed 03-Jun-09 18:09:58

Yes, of course.

Good luck!

Sensitivechildminder Wed 03-Jun-09 18:16:00

Lizzilou-that was my life too, my 20s represent my london's discovery ! So pretty wild year !! Now I can't bear relying on alcohol anymore to unwind..it's wrong when I need it every night...Thanks for your positive message !!

Huffward - Thank you too !!!!

curlygal Wed 03-Jun-09 19:24:56

Yes definitely go for it smile

I am 35 and only have one DS and unfortunately I am nowhere near as fit as I was jut before I got pregnant with him, but I put on god knows how much when I was pregnant (well over two stone) and couldn;t shift it for ages when BF.

Last year I slimmed right back down to almost pre pregnancy wieght by cycling and swimming as well as walking.

I have gained a bit now (size 12's are VERY restrictive to the point of almost cutting off circulation....) but I recently ran a 10k so I must still be fairly fit so definitely possible to regain and maintain fitness after age of 30 and ravages of pregnancy - look at Davina (I have her dvd and she is FIT)

breeminor Tue 23-Jun-09 19:31:28

Yes, you can.

I was my fitest & slimest ever a year after having my first DS at 32. I ran the New York Marathon 9 months after and managed to keep the weight off for 2 years. After DS 2 I lost the weight again through a combination of running & Atkins. I have fallen off the wagon now though and I am trying to get back to a comfortable level.

Good luck

moondog Tue 23-Jun-09 19:34:13

I'm fitter and slimmer at 42 than I was at 32 or indeed 22.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now