Talk

Advanced search

What made you want to loose weight and how did you start? On your own or by joining a club?

(8 Posts)
McDreamy Tue 02-Jun-09 22:37:35

sad, sad, sad! I've just seen a photo taken of me at the weekend and I look hideous. I NEED to shed some pounds. My brother is getting married in the autumn and I really don't want to be the fat sister sad

ClaudiaSchiffer Tue 02-Jun-09 23:45:41

McDreamy, remember that photo's can add lbs. How disappointing though.

I weighed myself this morning after even my 'fat' jeans felt tight and OH MY BLOODY GOSH I have put on a stone in the last um . . . I dunno, couple of months.

So I too need to shed at least 1/2 stone, but would be happier with 1 stone.

I have been to a slimming club before - Rosemary Conley, years ago - and I found it really useful. Not so much the whole Rosemary Conley diet - CANT BEAR the woman, but the monitoring was very helpful.

This time I think I am going to cut the crap out of my diet - I graze all the time and don't eat proper meals, also I eat lots of biccies and chocs, so am determined to give them up.

How about we give ourselves a month and see how we're going?

When is your brothers wedding btw and how much do you want to lose?

ClaudiaSchiffer Tue 02-Jun-09 23:48:00

Hey, also I just checked out your profile and you have a 3 month baby! Take it easy on yourself luv, my youngest is 21 months and I am still carrying the 'baby' weight. (well some of it - although I did lose the baby weight pretty quick and now have put it on again - hrumph).

McDreamy Wed 03-Jun-09 09:53:41

You're on Claudia let's give ourselves a month and see what we can do! I would like to loose about 1 1/2 stone. Brother's wedding is in September so plenty of time.

ClaudiaSchiffer Wed 03-Jun-09 10:20:31

Ok then, today I had a banana for breakfast, a chicken + salad wrap for lunch and am currently eating 2 rice cake and having a g & t, I should point out that I am in Oz so am a few hours ahead of you, not just a comeplete lush, having a few drinks in the morning!

Anyway so a pretty good day for me, no chocs or biccies and was pretty full all day - mainly because I have stuffed myself solid for the past few weeks so it's gonna take a bit of time for the food to work its way through iyswim grin

How are you going?

McDreamy Wed 03-Jun-09 11:56:16

Well I've had a bowl of porridge with blueberries for my breakfast and I'm starting to get a bit hungry now. So I'm going to make a sandwich for my son and a bowl of couscous and veg for me. I'm planning a beef roast for supper.

McDreamy Wed 03-Jun-09 11:56:48

well done for your good day! Whereabouts in Oz are you? Are you Australian or an ex pat?

ClaudiaSchiffer Thu 04-Jun-09 00:13:12

Hi McDreamy, yum roast beef smile

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia. We moved out here 3 years ago. I'm a Pom but my dh is Australian, we met in the UK and lived in Brighton until he could bear the UK no longer and so we moved here. Mostly it's great (if a little dull), Adelaide is very suburban and conservative. Like a big Guildford with sunshine.

We have 2 daughters, aged nearly 4 (on Sunday) and 21 months. I wouldn't say I was a fatso, but I am a shortarse (5' 2") so an extra stone looks like a lot on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now