Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Mamas 2005 Week 17

(45 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Fri 06-May-05 22:20:14

Message withdrawn

BethAndHerBrood Fri 06-May-05 22:39:46

Not too much cheese though!!! Unless it's low fat!!

BethAndHerBrood Fri 06-May-05 22:46:46

I've just revisited the week 1 thread, and there were 21 of us!!!! Where have they all gone???!!!

......to the pie shop, perhaps??!!!!!

Yorkiegirl Sat 07-May-05 09:31:11

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 09:34:44

To the pie shop indeed.

Today is a new day so I will start with

apple and date porridge, homemade. Making it for the DTs and will make extra for me. Followed by an apple.

Tuna salad for lunch
Jerk chicken, rice n peas for supper.

Need to start doing sit ups. My tummy is seriously depressing.

Yorkiegirl Sat 07-May-05 13:23:50

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 13:34:25

YG:

The peas are kidney beans.

You need rice, creamed coconut (1/5th bar should do), tin kidney beans.

Rice in pot with peas on top. Water, about an inch over rice. Put on to boil. As it comes to the boil add coconut cream and stir. Leave alone to finish cooking (like plain rice). If you want some extra flavour add an uncut chili on top whilst cooking. If you don't cut it you will get the flavour not the heat.

coppertop Sat 07-May-05 13:56:38

I'm soooo sorry I didn't e-mail you my results, YG. We had lots of dramas here yesterday, including needing to call the police out so I forgot all about it. I'm still here and trying my best to find that motivation and fortitude!

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 13:57:46

tell more tell more!

coppertop Sat 07-May-05 14:08:25

We've been having a lot of trouble from the children who live near us. There's a thread somewhere on MN about it but we've had eggs thrown, a window smashed, general abuse in the street etc. Anyway, yesterday they really started going for it. Lots of minor abuse in the day (which we ignored). When they didn't get the reaction they wanted they started hammering at the windows, trying to break them. They threw large stones trying to smash the porch window and shouted more abuse. I had to hold ds1 and ds2 back from the windows in case they got showered with broken glass. Older kids started joining in. I phoned my friend (who is a police officer). She could hear the noise over the phone and told us to phone 999 immediately. Meanwhile our lovely neighbours went out and confronted the gang and got them to back off a bit. The police arrived and they all ran away. The porch window has been chipped but I don't know if it will need to be replaced. Our community police officer is due to come back and see us. To top it all off it's highly likely that it will all start up again tonight too.

Mhamai Sat 07-May-05 14:09:10

Ready steady! ready steady! ready steady go!
Forget about the weigh ins these pounds have got to go! I've tried the seafood diet, wanting everything I see, the misery of cal counts, alas it's not for me!

I,ve pondered many options of what will work the best, but all this thinkin's knackered me, I think I need a rest! Oh just to drop a jeans size and be all toned and trim, and get up off my derrier and go and join a Gym

I know that I can do it, I just need some motivation, instead of constant slip ups, that spark so much frustration! I could dream of fancy health farms in some exclusive part of Fance
Instead I'm gonna play some tunes and dance! dance! dance! dance!

Loobz Sun 08-May-05 16:21:38

Love the poem Mhamai
I've had a realy sweet craving today so have just made a sweet omlette = just eggs and artificial sweetner and filled it with fresh fruit and quark mixed with artificial sweetner - mmmmmm lovely and syn free too
Think my determination has come back - it's the sun - feel like a whale but determined to do it this time

marj Mon 09-May-05 18:19:31

Hello everyone, I am back for good today as I am off to my first slimming world class.
Am dreading the weigh in but hopefully things can only go down from here!

BethAndHerBrood Mon 09-May-05 18:44:58

Oh Loobz, i am going to have a sweet omlette later - with a banana sliced on it and a pot of chocolate mullerlite!!! I would never have thought of that on my own!!!!

My imagination doesn't include the kitchen!!

Thanks for that!!

trefusis Mon 09-May-05 18:47:26

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Mon 09-May-05 18:55:44

I have decided to try and stay away from carbs for one week only. All I need is a couple of inches to get comfortably into my 1950s outfit. Of course once the week is passed (and after I have stuffed my face at the party) I shall attempt a more sensible diet. I quite like the look of the GI diet. I keep reading the thread and people seem to be doing well and eating normally. Must buy the AWT book from the Bookpeople.

Motivation and Fortitude to you all

trefusis Mon 09-May-05 18:58:03

Message withdrawn

BethAndHerBrood Mon 09-May-05 18:58:27

What's the AWT book??

Not that it concerns me, probably, but i do like to know what's going on!!!![incredibley nosey icon]!!!!

Fennel Mon 09-May-05 20:12:39

has MIAM reached her goal and left? or is she still here?

i am being very disciplined but the scales are still not showing the benefit. trying to be patient.

Loobz Mon 09-May-05 21:53:03

Did you have your sweet ommletted Beth? I wouldn't have been so smart either if the consultant at class hadn't been talking about it Was good though and saved me from straying

BethAndHerBrood Mon 09-May-05 21:55:38

Yes, i have had it, but it wasn't as nice as i thought. Tell me exactly what you did, then it might be better!!!

Loobz Mon 09-May-05 22:02:17

Just whisked up the egss and chucked some artificial sweetner in the fried it in a non stick pan. Threw on some mixed fruit and some quark mixed with artificial sweetner - then put some more artifical sweetner on just to make sure - was a BAD craving
Want to eat now but going to go for a bath instead - am frozen - went out for a walk with Dd and never realised how cold it still gets at night. Am not going to eat - am not hungry - just want to eat for the sake of it - not giving in
Motivation and fortitude!!!!!!!!!

BethAndHerBrood Mon 09-May-05 22:04:24

I think i didn't use enough sweetener!!! You sound as if you really went for it!!!

Loobz Mon 09-May-05 22:08:33

I did! It was one of these horrible cravings that would have seen me hit the chocolate and anything else that I'm not allowed and I would have blown it big time. Thank goodness for artificial sweetner
Away for this bath - think I'm dying of hypothermia and Ds2 has given me his sore throat. Think Dh is hoping it will affect my voice so he can have some peace

BethAndHerBrood Mon 09-May-05 22:15:09

Have a nice bath, good and hot, plenty of steam for your voice!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now