Talk

Advanced search

Need weight loss advice from PCOS sufferers and mirena users

(7 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Tue 12-May-09 13:41:57

PLEASE. I have pcos andd have the coil in to control it.; But I CANNOT lose weight. I am under the view of a dietician who says she will give me another 4 weeks and then she recomends I go and see about some medication too help me lose weight. How did you all do it???????? HELP

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 12-May-09 13:47:25

?

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 12-May-09 14:11:36

Hope someone sees this.

talkingbook Tue 12-May-09 20:20:05

Low GI and daily exercise does work.

This PCOS Diet Book is good.

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 12-May-09 21:32:22

Thanks for that. I have been given a general 'lose weight'book going on about portion sizes etc. I have read this pcos diet book once but it was such a long time ago, I will have to get it again and refresh my memory. Thanks

LadyThompson Tue 02-Jun-09 11:35:56

I have just seen this. I have PCOS and losing weight is flaming impossible, isn't it?

I had my DD in November and I am finding it so hard to shift the weight, and that's with daily exercise AND low GI diet AND metformin.

Anyone else?

nikkid21 Tue 02-Jun-09 12:17:01

I have fairly mild PCOS but have got rid of the worst of the symptoms and have more regular monthlies since I lost weight.

I lost 2 stone on slimming world - sticking mostly to red days which restrict your carb intake. However it didn't work on it's own. I also exercise 6 days a week doing at least 3 spinning classes and 3 X 1 hour body pump (weightlifting) classes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now