Talk

Advanced search

Anyone out there who can give me some moral support!

(15 Posts)
Sonnet Tue 03-May-05 10:29:46

Title says it all really - I want and need to loose 16lbs in 11 weeks

I would like to do it by eating healthily and exercising

Cannot get into any summer clothes, and don't want to bear my flesh!!

I could really do with some moral support and some like minded people to burn the fat together with!
Anyone else in the same boat??
Sonnet x

FLUM Tue 03-May-05 10:32:05

mmm am same position as you.

need to lose weight to fit into wedding dress in august. its ordered and is TOO SMALL thought would easily lose it but haven;t.

Need to lose at least 1 stone.

am surrounded by biscuits at work

compo Tue 03-May-05 10:33:13

Me!! So far I'm cutting out snacks - biscuits, cake, crisps, chocolate and seeing how that goes. I know if I cut out alcohol and did an exercise video a day it would go better but can't muster up the enthusiasm to do that. I do walk most days though

compo Tue 03-May-05 10:34:13

whispers <flum, what will you do if you can't fit into it? will they give you your money back or can it be altered?>

Sonnet Tue 03-May-05 10:43:44

Well then girls - what are we going to do about it!.
After an alcoholic weekend I am going alcohol free until Thursday (DH's birthday!), I have had a big bowl o f porridge for breakfast followed by an apple. I have bought my lunch to work and no money ( so I cannot be tempted!).
Will go for a walk with girls when get home and swimming later!
Anyone else have any plans? Flum - a stone by August is only 1lb a week - you can do it!!!

Sonnet Tue 03-May-05 10:45:10

If I've eaten a bigbowl of porridge for breakfast - why oh why am i so hungry now?? - thoughy is was suppose to fill you up!!

Misspiggy Tue 03-May-05 11:10:28

Hi everyone. Sonnet, I know exactly what you mean about summer clothes, I got mine out over the weekend and things aren't looking good at all! Why oh why weren't we born stick thin super models?...grrr! Has anyone looked at the GI thread? I am the world's most hopeless dieter (hence the MN name!) with much more than a stone to lose but after trying on summer clothes that must have mysteriously shrunk in the underbed box during the winter I started the GI diet on Saturday and haven't felt hungry, deprived etc at all. The fact that I'm now on my 4th day with no cheating is nothing short of a miracle Flum, I got married nearly 2 years ago and didn't get my (large!) arse into gear to lose weight before the wedding. My dress looked "nice" and I had a wonderful day but when we got the photos back I could have kicked myself cos I knew I would have looked so much better had I lost at least some weight . Like Sonnet says, a stone by August is really achievable and you will be so pleased that you did it. Go for it! (great, now I sound like I'm on the Jerry Springer show.....)

Sonnet Tue 03-May-05 11:10:33

Bump....

Sonnet Tue 03-May-05 11:14:17

Didn't see your response before Misspiggy! - I've heard about the GI diet. It is easy to follow whilst cooking for a family?
Can you point me in a direction to get some info. I will check out the threads on here as well
I do so need to do something!

Misspiggy Tue 03-May-05 11:27:35

Sonnet - the GI thread is one of the Discussions of the Day on the MN home page today. Its realy long but worth a read if you have the time. Right at the beginning are 3 links to various GI related sites. I'm doing the Sunday Times plan (one of the links) which is great - really nice food that you adapt to suit family eating. I have 2 relatively fussy DSs and a v fussy DH (I must have been reeeeealy bad in a previous life!) and they haven't complained at all so far (granted its only 3 days so far but still not bad!). Best of all, its healthy eating not some ridiculous plan that you just know is going to make you ill or send you straight to the peanut butter jar (mmmm...peanut butter...)Give it a try. There are also some lovely recipes on the GI thread that I'm going to try over the next few days....we have NO EXCUSE really do we?!

Misspiggy Tue 03-May-05 11:27:39

Sonnet - the GI thread is one of the Discussions of the Day on the MN home page today. Its realy long but worth a read if you have the time. Right at the beginning are 3 links to various GI related sites. I'm doing the Sunday Times plan (one of the links) which is great - really nice food that you adapt to suit family eating. I have 2 relatively fussy DSs and a v fussy DH (I must have been reeeeealy bad in a previous life!) and they haven't complained at all so far (granted its only 3 days so far but still not bad!). Best of all, its healthy eating not some ridiculous plan that you just know is going to make you ill or send you straight to the peanut butter jar (mmmm...peanut butter...)Give it a try. There are also some lovely recipes on the GI thread that I'm going to try over the next few days....we have NO EXCUSE really do we?!

Sonnet Tue 03-May-05 11:43:10

Hi Misspiggy - just scanned the thhread and will check out the links ASAP
Robin3's post was inspirational - 9lbs!!

Still need an answer to why porridge makes me hungry??? - you don't know do you??

Sonnet Tue 03-May-05 15:24:46

Right - I've joined the mumsnet mammas, and am reading about the GI diet
so here goes 16lbs to loose and 11 weeks and counting
Sonnet xx

FLUM Tue 03-May-05 15:26:25

compo. doesn't even bear thinking about. mum says she will 'bootcamp' me for three weeks before the wedding/

everyone says the stress makes youlose wieght. stress make me eat though

Misspiggy Tue 03-May-05 17:31:22

The internet at work went down for the day just after my last msg which may be why its come up twice....and not anything to do with user error at all, of course! . God, its been a long day - actually had to do some work!. Sonnet, that's great re joining the Mumsnet Mamas...is that another thread on here? re your porridge question - did you make it with skimmed milk or at least have some skimmed milk on it as apparently you need to have some protein with every meal which helps to satisfy the appetite. Did you last out til lunchtime? Flum, I'm exactly the same - stress and any kind of deadline just makes me eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now