Talk

Advanced search

Loosing 6 stone + - anyone want to join me? :D

(440 Posts)
LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 21:31:53

Starting tomorrow, my healthy eating begins (And exercise)

I am going to loose 6 stone (atleast).

Would love others to join me who want to loose some weight, we can support eachother etc!

EyeballsplayswithCake Mon 04-May-09 21:35:28

I'll join you. I have at least 6 stone to lose and have been putting it off for ages. Spent yesterday sitting in MIL's conservatory trying not to look at the reflection of my horrible great big fat arms in the window and that decided it. Plus my 6yo niece today told me I looked like my aunt who is lovely but very big.

Something has to be done!

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 21:39:28

Hi EyeballsplayswithCake Thanks for joining me.

We can do it!!

My biggest weakness is sweet things (Still have swiss roll in the house - maybe i should eat it all tonight and have a clean slate in the morning? grin)

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 21:41:24

When my DD and her friend were watching Harry Potter, the aunt blows up and flys out of the conservatory. DD's friend asked very inncently if that was me!!! "Is your mummy in harry potter, is that you?"

Embarassed and rather upset !

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 21:42:34

flies*
**Innocently

PieceNharmoknee Mon 04-May-09 21:45:27

yy I'm in! Although I doubt I'll be as excited tomorrow by this time tomorrow, exercise and healthy eating may curb that grin

Does this mean I have to weigh myself << worried emotion >> That's enough to depress me and send me running to the cake cupboard grin

Tomorrow I plan to have a healthy breakfast of fruit and fat free plain yogurt. Then something healthy for lunch (no idea what, I'm open to (and hoping for) suggestions, then I'm going to cook a healthy dinner for us all using Jamie's MOF cookbook and have a small portion.

I'm also going to do Davina's DVD which will probably kill me, so if you don't hear from me 2moro you'll know why grin

Is this too much info? blush

<< disclaimer: piecenharmoknee doesnt really have a cake cupboard (well, not a whole cupboard wink >>

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 21:57:52

Welcome PieceNharmoknee grin

Let me know if Davina's dvd is any good, i have an old workout video from the early 1990s but we don't have a vhs player in the living room so can't do it!

I am going to try swimming though not sure how good this is for weight loss. Will prbably need the gym too if i can face it! sad blush

As with the food - going to try and eat healthy, i need a big breakfast as i get v.hungry in mornings.

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 21:59:11

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and then every week after that on a tuesday! (No idea where my scales are - going to have a hunt in the garage in the morning!)

PieceNharmoknee Mon 04-May-09 22:04:42

I'd love to go swimming - they do say its the best all round body workout. I'm not brave enough for a swimming costume though.

I have done the Davina dvd before, once, I couldnt walk for a week - its been hidden in the back of the cupboard ever since blush

EyeballsplayswithCake Mon 04-May-09 22:09:57

I'm going to have fruit and yogurt tomorrow morning, then I'm going to take ONE ROUND of homemade bread sandwich for lunch, and I'm even making wholemeal instead of white in the breadmaker because I can eat a whole loaf of white in one sitting and I don't really like brown Fruit for snacks. Not sure about tea yet as have to buy it so maybe fish.

Will also get the Wii Fit out. Love doing it but have been avoiding it because it'll tell me I'm heavier than the last time. It's a computer FFS what am I scared of???

And definitely only weigh myself once a week or I get a bit obsessive about it and keep hopping on them.

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 22:15:13

Tomorrow, i HAVE to start - if i post that i will put it off another day you have my permission to shout at me!

Found the scales and have weighed myself. A lot worse than i thought - ohh dear

Tomorrow morning's food plan till tea time!

Breakfast
Glass of water
bowl of cornflakes with sultanas

lunch
banana
cheese salad sandwich
carrot sticks
water

If i told you what i had eaten today, you would be disgusted and shocked! I ate A-LOT of crap junk foods!!! blush blush

blush

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 22:17:16

The Wii fit sounds good too. I think it's going to tell me i have put on atleast a stone since christmas

PieceNharmoknee Mon 04-May-09 22:17:46

Is the Wii Fit good Eyeballs? I'm considering one but DH is XBOX mad so I doubt he'll be intrested.

I really want a breadmaker but I know I will give into temptation and bake loads of lovely fresh white bread - and then eat it all myself grin so maybe not!

EyeballsplayswithCake Mon 04-May-09 22:23:34

It's brilliant fun and quite knackering without you realising it. It weighs you and calculates BMI. You can set goals, like 7 lbs in 3 weeks or whatever and it keeps track. Then you get a personal trainer who will take you through stuff in the gym or there's running, step, hula hooping, ski jumping, loads more, all sorts of things.

I am going to start using it again and when I've lost a little and got a bit more confidence and don't feel like I'm going to die when I walk out to the kitchen, I want to start running, doing the couch to 5k. I'd love to go running but I'd make dents in the pavement at the moment blush

Chilimama Mon 04-May-09 22:28:34

Can I join in too? Have at least six stone to lose and don't have any support from anyone in RL (except dh but he doesn't need to lose any weight).

Would be nice to support/have the support of people in the same boat

Btw I have a couple of Davina dvd's and found them really good when I have used them, not as boring/repetitive as the usual exercise ones!

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 22:28:49

i passworded my area so the children cannot get on it!

Hope i can remember the password, haven't used it since christmas hols.

Tomorrow is the day ladies!

I think i might keep a log on here of what i've eaten etc as then i am likely to eat better if i know i am going to post it on here!!

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 22:30:26

Of course you can Chilimama! The more the merrier! grin

EyeballsplayswithCake Mon 04-May-09 22:33:34

Well I was out today and we all bought some doughnuts, y'know the freshly made ones? I've just eaten mine and it was absolutely foul, could taste all the grease so I'm quite looking forward to cleansing my palate of all this crap. Of course I won't be saying that at 10am tomorrow when the hunger begins to kick in! hmm

Chilimama Mon 04-May-09 22:36:31

Thanks! That's a great idea to keep a food diary of sorts on here, I think it could be the kick up the bum I need if I am typing out what I am actually ingesting on a daily basis and not forgetting the sneaky biscuits here and there etc.... wink

The Wii fit sounds great fun!

Mumcentreplus Mon 04-May-09 22:41:19

Can i join ?..I have 3 stone to lose...*keep trying to get rid but the fat but the git keeps finding me* grin

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 22:57:48

Of course Mumcentreplus ! grin

Welcome !

EyeballsplayswithCake Mon 04-May-09 22:59:27

Welcome all

Now, are we all munching on our last squares of choccy? Are we all feeling positive?

Oh God.... we're going to starve...

LovingTheRain Mon 04-May-09 23:05:07

Atleast we can starve together!

I have eaten three slices of swiss roll since i started this thread!! blush

Feeling positive yes (atm - no idea how i will feel in the morning when DCs are at school and i am here with the food!!)

Chilimama Mon 04-May-09 23:10:59

I just ate a chocolate twister ice lolly...yum!

My craving is normally for cheese, any kind but cheddar is the worst. I am not going to have any now at the last minute though as I don't fancy heartburn tonight!

Feeling positive atm grin

Best of luck ladies!

PieceNharmoknee Mon 04-May-09 23:24:51

My worst time is the evenings. I work PT and get in about 7pm and then I feel the need to munch my way through till bed time blush

I think a food blog is a great idea and I could steal ideas gain inspiration from it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now