Talk

Advanced search

The Food Focus Appreciation Society - All wobbly bits welcome!

(655 Posts)
LastOrders Thu 23-Apr-09 00:20:41

Ta da!!! smile

Here it is, Ladies. It feels safer in one little spot!!

I'm not brave enough to put my vitals up yet, will wait for a few new posters to come along and throw me words of encouragement!

kettlechip - back to you..... smile

Cocobear Thu 23-Apr-09 00:56:10

Oooo, can i join too? Just signed up on Food Focus. Apparently I'm only allowed 1300 calories a day if I want to shift a stone in 2 months! So that'll be 45 minutes of running a day just so I can eat dinner...

lilianfox Thu 23-Apr-09 00:57:02

Hi there

would love to join you.

I have also found food focus website via a mnetter post and have been using it since last thursday. So about a week. It's fab and has really helped to motivate me.

I am currently at 9.7 stone. (Last thursday after week holiday weighed 9.11. So I've already lost a few pounds but some of it may be water? hmm

i want to lose about 1/2 stone in the first instance maybe a little bit more.

exercising each day at mo. Would love to keep up the motivation and really shift this weight now.

leothelioness Thu 23-Apr-09 01:19:39

I have just joined food focus too it looks fab I hope to loose some flab too I am allowed a similar calorie intake to you Cocobear. Good luck everyone.

Furball Thu 23-Apr-09 07:23:13

I too have joined. My allowence is 1308 (very important that 8! wink) to lose 1 1/2 stone by mid july.

Tis quite hard to stick to but have so far (3 days! grin) There isn't alot of room for extras

littleducks Thu 23-Apr-09 07:32:22

maybe im doing something wrong but it says to loose 1 st 9 lbs i can have 1746 calories,which seems quite generous in comparison, i must eat tonnes of calories now then blush

EyeballsintheSky Thu 23-Apr-09 07:40:37

I thought this said Ford Focus and was going to show you pictures of my beloved car . However I have mega wobbly bits so am off to google Food Focus blush

LastOrders Thu 23-Apr-09 08:04:07

Hello Ladies.

I've got a massive amount to lose compared to you guys - 2 stone!! blush

But that is 5 years of baby fat, comfort eating and general laziness!

And I do have till August grin

Babbit Thu 23-Apr-09 08:04:30

Hi. I joined yesterday too after seeing the other thread. I'm a bit confused about logging homemade food though. Last night I made a vegetable curry. When I looked there was no option for homemade so I had to enter everything manually. I am going to get fed up with it if I have to do that each time! Am I doing it wrong???

BTW am 10st 10 and want to get to 9 st. My target is 12 August and I can have 1464 cals a day.

LastOrders Thu 23-Apr-09 08:05:12

Food Focus for anyone else that needs it smile

LastOrders Thu 23-Apr-09 08:09:04

My weight at the moment is 14st 11 - see, I'm a big bird! (but a tall big bird!)

I want to get down to 12st 11 by August 3rd.

My calorie intake is 1943 per day.

Babbit - not sure on that one. I've gotta do school run now but will back later to have a look

JustCallMeGoat Thu 23-Apr-09 08:16:38

babbit you are doing it right. it is a pain but once you have entered it once it is there for next time.

i am v. enthused by food focus. went for a run last night as motivated by the calorie thing.

i am 11 10 and my target is 10 by mid july.

i am allowed 1357 calories.

thanks for the thread lastorders!

nikkid21 Thu 23-Apr-09 09:19:33

Last orders - I'm a big, tall bird too. 5ft 9 with size 9 feet. Shoulders like a rugby player iykwim.

I'm 12 1 at the moment having lost 2 stone on slimming world. I'm not shifting the last bit and think it's down to portion control so I'm going to try this for a few weeks.

Want to get down to 11 7 and have until 31st of May to do it on 1431 cals per day. I exercise at the gym 5 days a week averaging 500 cals per time ( I have a heart rate monitor that accuratley logs calories burnt)so that gives me enough for extra treats.

Weigh in at SW this morning have done the food focus for 4 days so will report back with a loss hopefully smile

wannaBe Thu 23-Apr-09 09:42:47

I'm using wlr rather than ff but is same principle - calory counting so can I join too?

Want to lose two stone by august. Weighed in at 10 st 7 lb on Monday, have been calory counting and exercising (treadmill, cross trainer, swimming) ever since and this morning have stpped on the scales and have lost one lb.

I find the calory counting a real eye opener (did it before but slipped off the waggon [blus]) and gives real awareness of what you're eating. My only downfall is that I tend to get on the scales too often and if they don't show a loss I get disheartened. So I must resolve not to weigh more than once a week.

Babbit Thu 23-Apr-09 10:00:01

My downfall is the odd bottle ahem glass of wine and portion sizes. I think I eat fairly healthily otherwsie. Also lack of exercise and I have started running and dusted off the wii fit. I already feel a lot better - I think the psychological effects are good and help keep the momentum going. Am determined to be slim by summer and I'm going to treat myself to an expensive dress if I manage it.

What are your incentives?

Babbit Thu 23-Apr-09 10:00:30

My downfall is the odd bottle ahem glass of wine and portion sizes. I think I eat fairly healthily otherwsie. Also lack of exercise and I have started running and dusted off the wii fit. I already feel a lot better - I think the psychological effects are good and help keep the momentum going. Am determined to be slim by summer and I'm going to treat myself to an expensive dress if I manage it.

What are your incentives?

Babbit Thu 23-Apr-09 10:01:05

oops. x

JustCallMeGoat Thu 23-Apr-09 10:24:26

my incentives are all the lovely clothes i can't fit into and also the fact i will feel better about myself

ElinorDashwood Thu 23-Apr-09 11:25:44

I signed up a few days ago. It has given me a target of 1000 cals a day to lose 2st 11lb by early September.
So far, I've been sticking to it - first weigh in on Monday.

LastOrders Thu 23-Apr-09 12:47:24

My incentive is going on holiday with my friend and are DC at the end of August. She has a lovely figure, I don't want to look lke chunker munker next to her so I'm gonna beat my bulge and lose my weight!

Oh, and the clothes I'll be able to fit into again smile

Everyones calorie allowance is so different. I seem to have loads of calories a day, 1943.

Do they somehow know that lard ass here needs the extra to keep her alive! blush grin

ElinorDashwood Thu 23-Apr-09 13:08:27

I think my calorie count was calculated based on the amount per week I said I wanted to lose.

LastOrders Thu 23-Apr-09 13:28:12

I've just entered my food log for day so far.

I think I burnt at least 250 calories just stressing over that!!

It's so hard to find stuff.

I think I'm entitled to a chocolate bar now grin

micku5 Thu 23-Apr-09 13:52:19

Just posting on here so i can find the thread again. Not logged todays activities but have lost 1 lb in 3 days. Did have a bit of a chocolate yesterday but that is because I am due on.

kettlechip Thu 23-Apr-09 13:52:29

hi everyone, thanks for setting this up Lastorders, I did think about doing it yesterday as the original title is now already out of date as I'm up to 10 pounds loss!! Hooray!! Did a celebratory dance around the bathroom in my underwear - wonder how many calories that burned!! grin

It is so addictive though, but I can't believe how simple it is and that it actually works. Now I can see that my office lunches of a filled baguette, light crisps and a flapjack were a whopping 1200 calories each!! Never again.

Have just done a workout dvd in preparation for a pub meal out tonight. Am really hoping my resolve doesn't weaken as I love pub chips..

And logging home made food can be a pain, but if it's something you have often you just need to enter it once in the make a meal bit, and then it's stored for when you want it next.. Apparently!

nikkid21 Thu 23-Apr-09 13:53:31

Weighed in at my SW group this morning and had lost hald a pound. Bit dissapointed but have only been doing the food focus for 4 days. I think this will shift the last half stone better than slimmong world.

On the plus side my BMI is now 24.9 so i'm (just) no longer overweight grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now