(25 Posts)
MadameButterfly Mon 25-Apr-05 10:16:04

Hi all

Results for week ending Friday 15th April are:

Madame Butterfly: 100,550
Posey: 63,664
EarlyBird: 52,835
Gwenick: 68,250

Anyone else that wants to join is is more than welcome to.

Just count your steps from Saturday morning to Friday night and either post your results on the new thread that is started each Monday or email them to janreid2003 at yahoo dot co dot uk.

MadameButterfly Mon 25-Apr-05 10:17:52

That should be week ending Friday 22nd April.

I think my total is so high because i have started doing Avon now and although my area is close by I have got a very long road to cover. Plus I also cut the grass on Thursday which boosted it somewhat.

Gwenick Mon 25-Apr-05 10:19:15

wow that's fantastic MB - well done. I managed to do 6000 on Saturday (didn't even leave the house!) and just over 10,000 yesterday (mainly because I kept my pedometer on while chopping logs LOL)

MadameButterfly Mon 25-Apr-05 10:33:36

I have done 27,000 so far this week (saturday/sunday) so on track for another good week.

Dingle Mon 25-Apr-05 11:05:53

Not even going to bother with my results from last week, it was still in the 20,000!!!

DH got a ped last week, but didn't put it on this morning so I am wearing both of them to compare!!
My one is showing 757 and his is showing 2115!!!
I think I will need to kidnap his until I get a replacement!

Dingle Mon 25-Apr-05 11:08:11

I am off to jog on the spot, to boost my total a bit before collecting dd from nursery. I have to travel by car today as she is at her SN nursery and it is taking me about an hour round trip because of roadworks, traffic, rain.....

ho hum....

Earlybird Mon 25-Apr-05 14:51:55

Most impressive MadameButterfly! I thought I had done alright with my total (after two very poor weeks previously), but now see that I've really got to raise my game to keep up with you lot! Must admit I'm feeling very lazy today though....

coppertop Mon 25-Apr-05 15:25:15

Wow! Well done, MB!

This week I managed 54,210 steps so I beat my 50,000 target.

LOL at Dingle's planned ped-napping.

yoyo Mon 25-Apr-05 18:08:34

Sorry MB I'm pipping you at the post with 116070! My little legs have been aching with this week's effort especially getting used to walking the children to and from school again.

coppertop Mon 25-Apr-05 18:09:36

Brilliant total, Yoyo!

Dingle Mon 25-Apr-05 18:41:28

skulks off in shame......even if I added the totals on mine and DH's peds, I wouldn't get anywhere near that!

Posey Mon 25-Apr-05 20:27:36

Over 100,000, now there's a target
Well done on those totals.

Today I have walked 27,000+. Am a bit tired now but dead chuffed. That for me is just about 14 miles which I did in 3.5 hours.

Earlybird Mon 25-Apr-05 20:33:49

Good grief Posey! What did you do today that caused you to walk that sort of distance? You should be chuffed!

I walk like a demon compared to most of my real life friends (who drive absolutely everywhere, but in all fairness, most of them do have several young kids), but with you lot, I'm bottom of the barrel! Must figure out how to integrate more "pavement time" into my routine!

yoyo Mon 25-Apr-05 20:34:25

Posey - are you in training for something? I don't go for walks as such, just my usual daytime routine.

Posey Mon 25-Apr-05 20:45:30

Oh, sorry, I thought I'd mentioned it before, and don't want people to get bored by me banging on about it
I'm doing the Moonwalk in June, a night-time power walking marathon. I've kind of been in training for 2 or 3 months but am only now stepping up the distances.
Normally I walk anything between 4 and 8000 steps a day, doing the usual things with the children. The only reason I'm able to get out and do some longer ones is because dh works shifts (he was off today) so he can look after ds who's 2. There's no way I'd want to go and do that sort of walk after a full day if dh worked normal hours.

Earlybird Mon 25-Apr-05 20:48:59

Hadn't heard of the Moonwalk...or the fact that you're trainging for it. Is it a normal marathon distance? Where is it happening? Sounds intriguing....maybe we should do a Pedometer Club Meetup on the Moonwalk night!

Posey Mon 25-Apr-05 21:22:34

Yes its normal marathon distance. In aid of breast cancer charities, being done in Hyde Park. About 15000 people taking part (about 4 of us from mn as far as I know). It gets filled up really quickly. Closing date for applications was end of Feb (originally) but they had filled all the places by Christmas.

Maybe next year we could put in a team application?!

Earlybird Mon 25-Apr-05 22:57:40

Sounds like a wonderful thing to do. Best of luck with it, and definitely rally us around next year. I think a team application would be lots of fun, and a fantastic thing to do for such a good cause.

yoyo Mon 25-Apr-05 23:27:19

I'm up for this next year Posey. Good luck! Is it 26 miles overnight and do you have to wear an eye-catching brassiere?

coppertop Tue 26-Apr-05 09:52:26

I missed the Moonwalk news too. Best of luck with it, Posey. How long does it usually take to power-walk that distance?

Posey Tue 26-Apr-05 20:49:40

Yo-yo - yes its the one in bras
They send you one, plus T-shirt, hat, etc before the event and then you decorate it however you like. I guess people walking in teams make theirs the same.
I think it kicks off at midnight but haven't been sent all the final details yet.

Coppertop - I'll be happy (very) if I can maintain 4mph for the whole distance, which would make a time of 61/2 hours. While I've been training I've tried to maintain the speed and increase the distance. Normally 1st mile is slightly slower as I warm up. This weeks was my longest so far and I think dh worked out that I averaged 15mins and 25seconds per mile over a distance of 14 miles.

I would LOVE to do it with you lot next year (ask me again after I've done the real thing). I have a feeling Marslady wanted to do it but missed the earlier deadline for applications.

Posey Tue 26-Apr-05 20:51:12

Sorry got distracted by dd who came down for the loo.

Meant to say thanks very much all of you for your good wishes

yoyo Tue 26-Apr-05 21:04:06

Posey - when does the walk take place? It will be hard work but the atmosphere will be fantastic. Hope you have a mild night with no rain. Good luck!

Posey Tue 26-Apr-05 21:05:53

Its on the night of June 18th/19th.

MadameButterfly Wed 27-Apr-05 10:22:46

Hi all,

I missed the moonwalk news too. We should definitley all get together next year and form a mumsnet team.

Good luck with it Posey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now