Advanced search

Best/nicest bread for GI diet

(5 Posts)
TracyK Fri 22-Apr-05 08:38:56

Any ideas?

TracyK Fri 22-Apr-05 10:36:47

bump

Saker Fri 22-Apr-05 20:12:55

I make my own rolls using a breadmaker for the dough. I found it quite hard to find any nice sliced bread that had grains and stoneground flour. Also I can freeze them and then I only get one out and am not tempted to eat extra. Do you have a breadmaker?

TracyK Sat 23-Apr-05 14:11:33

yes I do - what recipe do you use? I always found any bread I have made in the past was very 'heavy'.

Saker Mon 25-Apr-05 09:40:24

Sorry not to reply sooner.

I have a Panasonic breadmaker and use the Granary bread loaf recipe with less water to make rolls. It is
1 tsp yeast
500g granary flour
1 tbsp sugar
1oz butter
2 tbsp milk powder
1.5 tsp salt
320ml water (or 350ml for the loaf not rolls).

it works with Hovis granary flour or I think the Allinson flour is stoneground. I have also got really nice results with some flour I got from our farm shop - Glebe Farm organic stoneground strong malted bread flour with wheatflakes, but I don't know if you can get that.

Having said all that I have only being doing this diet for a couple of weeks so I'm no expert in the best bread for the diet. This is my nicest bread that seems to fit the criteria. Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now