Talk

Advanced search

going on holiday in 6 weeks..need to lose approx 5 stone!!!

(8 Posts)
alexsmum Tue 19-Apr-05 09:21:33

so any tips on how to go about my stone a week weight loss??????!!!!!
Seriously, was a member of slimming world but haven't been for ages as wasn't able to get to classes and just got fed up thinking about food all the time. Might go back this week because more likely to stick to it if i know i have to go and get weighed.
any tips on how to keep going? any inspiration ffor me????

Toothache Tue 19-Apr-05 09:23:53

Alexmum - I've never tried it, but I know people that have, The Atkins diet is a good way to lose quite a bit of weight SHORT TERM! You could easily lose a stone in 2 weeks..... don't know about anything that will make you lose a stone a week though!!

alexsmum Tue 19-Apr-05 09:29:15

only joking toothache!

i couldn't do atkins. too yucky and unhealthy.

what i want is some kind of morphing machine that will transform me over night!

went on a plus size clothing website last night and printed off lots of pictures of very buxom ladies in bikinis( size 26 +) and i have them taped to the fridge!

maybe that will keep me away from the food.

sansouci Tue 19-Apr-05 09:32:17

Careful of your health, alexmum. I doubt it's possible to lose that much weight in such a short time. Starvation might do it, but it would probably kill you or seriously jeopardise your health!

You could try the Protein Sparing Modified Fast, which should be done under medical supervision. CAT me if you are interested & I'll give you the details.

Personally, having tried practically every diet under the sun, I think Weight Watchers (or Slimming World, perhaps) are by far the best from a point of view of healthiness, relationship with food and the possibility of keeping the weight off once you lose it by teaching you to eat properly. Nothing is forbidden but quantities are kept reasonable.

Good luck!

alexsmum Tue 19-Apr-05 09:36:07

thanks for the concern....but really i was joking!

i know i'm not going to lose everything in five weeks. just having a laugh.

Toothache Tue 19-Apr-05 09:37:53

Alexmum - I have on eof those morphing machines.... it's called alcohol and cleverly shaped mirrors that elongate you!

sansouci Tue 19-Apr-05 09:39:32

If you need help with feeling the need to eat too much and too often, ask your GP about Reductil (Sibutramini hydrochloridum - monohydricum). It's the only "diet pill" currently considered acceptable in Europe at the moment, apart from Xenical, which cuts out 30% of the fat contained in the food you eat. (Watch out for oily leaks! Yurgggghhh!)

HTH

alexsmum Tue 19-Apr-05 09:42:34

yeah toothache, its amazing what what a couple of bottles of wine can do isn't it?!! start the evening as bella endberg and end up as cindy crawford!

my problem is of course glandular.....i have a gland that makes me eat too much chocolate and ice cream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now