Talk

Advanced search

slimming world - how can I get motivation back? HELP!!

(5 Posts)
darlingbud Mon 18-Apr-05 19:16:52

I have been going to slimming world for just over a year. I did really well and was just 1lb away from 2 stone last October. Then I went on holiday. Since then it has slowly crept back on and I have now lost just over 1 stone. I just can't seem to get the will power back that I had. Been again just now and have put 1lb on. Feeling really fed up now. Anyne else been through a lull like this? how did you get out of it?

deegward Mon 18-Apr-05 19:21:14

Yes, think I had that t shirt before you. Just think you are still going so that is +ve,a nd you are still lighter than you went when you started again +ve. Is there a mini target you could set yourself, eg 1/2 stone by end of May? I don't know how some weeks we can do it,and others well they don't need mentioning

darlingbud Mon 18-Apr-05 19:56:20

I don't mind odd weeks that are a struggle - its the past 6 months. Does anybody do weekly meal planners? and if you do do you stick to them?

blodwen Mon 18-Apr-05 20:07:40

I have just returned to SW after a years gap (have put weight back on!). Last night I sat down with my Food Diary sheet and a couple of SW mags/recipes ans wrote down 3 meals a day for the whole week. I did some R, some G and one M/M. I also wrote down my A and B extras for every day, and any syns for any meals. I left spaces to fill in snacks (ie. fruit) and spare syns for every day. Today I shopped for everything I will need. I feel really relaxed now I have done this. I know EXACTLY what I'm having for EVERY meal, A & B, so feel in control. I used to find I needed another B choice for dinner, and I'd used them both up, but doing it this way, it's MUCH easier. I read a couple of days out to a friend, and they couldn't beleive it was a diet! I hope this helps. I know it can be really hard. Good luck.

darlingbud Mon 18-Apr-05 20:55:49

I have just made a neutral day quiche for tomorrow and am trying a baked egg custard recipe as my sweet craving for pudding (2 sins per serving). All prepared and ready for tommorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now