Talk

Advanced search

Is there anyone who can give me some advice/motivation/kick up the bum please??

(6 Posts)
upagumtree Thu 19-Feb-09 13:48:03

I joined FoodFocus 5 weeks ago today and set my target to loose a steady 1 lb per week. I have stuck to it very well and started walking for 30mins everyday (not much I know but it is better than I had been doing) as well as the usual housework, running around after 3DS's and DH.

Given that I have been good, I should have by now lost 5 lbs...but i have only lost 2 lbs in 5 weekssad.

I have cut out all the crap from my diet ie wine chocolate crisps..the lot, except for last week i got soooo pissed off i had all of the above. But apart from that i've been good. So what the hell am I doing wrong?

All advice greatly welcome smile

Ivykaty44 Thu 19-Feb-09 19:22:42

The normal housework - you cant count this, as you normaly do the normal housework and that is at the weight you are - does that make sense.i.e you normally eat 2000 calories a day and do 2 hours of running around after dh and dc and then one hour of housework and you weigh X stone.

try adding another 15 minutes to your walking and speed it up a bit, a good gauge is to walk for 25 minutes at just a good pace - then turn around and walk back and get home in 20 minutes or less. If you break into a jog for a minute here and there all the better smile

upagumtree Thu 19-Feb-09 19:40:16

Yip, that makes perfect sense thanks. I didn't think about that and i've been including the housework as calories used. I'll also try and walk a little more. My walking pace is quite brisk anyway and i'm pushing a buggy too, so maybe an extra 15mins will make all the difference. Thanks for replying smile

sowhatis Thu 19-Feb-09 19:42:25

up the exercise - maybe get an exercise dvd? cut back on the crap food - have one day a week that is your 'day off' - works for me!

Ivykaty44 Thu 19-Feb-09 19:44:06

how old is your dc in the buggy - you could have races to the next lamp post and get the dc giggling - the more fun something is the more you will do it and bth enjoy the trip!!

upagumtree Thu 19-Feb-09 22:30:41

lol Loving the idea of races! DS is 19 months
and i'm sure he'd love the buggy to go faster. I might look a bit silly running with the buggy but i'm sure we'll have fun doing it. Am definately gonna run tomorrow (that should get neighbours curtains twitching.
sowhatis great idea about DVD. I might just do that. Can you recommend a good one?I really do need to exercise much more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: