Talk

Advanced search

diet by stelth!

(8 Posts)
drlove8 Tue 17-Feb-09 19:16:16

love my dh, he's fab.but strangely he's put on 3 1/2 stone in the last 3 years. he now weighs 12 1/2 stone.-not too bad until u realise hes only 5'3". this makes him about 2 stone heavyer than he should be. have asked him to A) go to gym with me- wont.B) to stop eating crap- wont.C) tried giving him smaller platefulls at dinner- he just goes to make himself sandwiches or raids the biscuit tins. have tried not buying biscuits and cakes- he just goes to shop and gets them himself...................now as i am desperatly worried about his health i have decided to do "diet by stelth", so need your help in finding substitutes for his "treats". i need to shift about a stone myself. so am looking for myself too ....help ?

homicidalmatriach Tue 17-Feb-09 19:44:49

Exercise is what you need.

Or point out that for every excess stone he carries he loses one inch of willy (seriously fat builds up on the pudenda and makes his willy appear shorter) grin

But really, it's sort of up to him if he wants to be a lard arse, not much you can do - although you could try playing him Paul Mckenna diet CDs while he sleeps! wink

HolyGuacamole Tue 17-Feb-09 19:49:39

I've been reading about The GI diet recently.

The basic principles are to eat foods that are low on the glycemic index, so they make you feel fuller for longer and take longer to digest. It could be quite easy to sneak these types of food into his diet.

Some easy things are swapping white or normal brown bread for 'stoneground' wholemeal, full fat milk for semi skimmed (or diluting full fat with water), swapping butter (which is 66% saturated fat, ouch!) for an olive oil spread, eating lots of fish and fibre. Also the dinner plate should be 50% vegetables, 25% pasta or potatoes and 25% meat/fish.

Hope some of that helps and good luck with your quest!! grin

callmeovercautious Tue 17-Feb-09 19:55:22

DH loved the Rosemary Connely diet I did. We had 3 course Dinners in the evening and a big Lunch every day - just healthier options. The only thing he stuggled with was only being allowed one drink a day. He does not drink loads but likes to share a bottle of wine etc. The regime did not allow you to save points up. He just ignored that bit hmm

It also allowed some snacking as long as it was under 4% fat, you can get some great low fat desserts and biscuit type things now.

He lost twice as much as me envy

drlove8 Tue 17-Feb-09 21:16:40

hmmm here lies the problem- he's a chocoholic-loves red meat, and butter and full cream milk, only veg he'll eat is tinned carrots and mabey peas and potatoes(dont think they count).wont touch fish unless its out a tin (tuna)sad. a bit of me thinks im being mean to him, but he's only forty and i want him to be around for at least another forty years without having a stroke or heart attack!

drlove8 Thu 19-Feb-09 11:22:49

grin , i've been sneaky and substituted his choccy biscuits for weight watchers cookies! -he didnt not notice! and ive bought lighter butter- grin lol! think i will do lots of little changes and hopefully he wont realise! wink

HolyGuacamole Thu 19-Feb-09 15:29:20

Haha grin Well done!! grin

drlove8 Thu 19-Feb-09 16:41:25

might slip him some adios, and tell him there vitamins---- only joking!thinking of nagging asking him to come with me to the pool on sunday with the kids! get him to excercise by stelth too! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now