Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Back On The Porridge! ! !

(17 Posts)
Evesmama Fri 08-Apr-05 10:34:33

after a few definatly dodgy weeks (birthday/ester), i have put on 3lbs and am really fed up again!
so have not had breakfast(was up at 6.30), am having bowl of porridge now and will have something good for tea!! got to shift this flab!!!

cupcakes Fri 08-Apr-05 10:39:50

I made porridge for breakfast today for the first time ever after reading that it (with sultanas) was the best breakfast you could give children. It wasn't too popular although we did all try it (dd only picked the sultanas out). Can't say we'll be eating it as a family again (they both had shreddies afterwards...) but I suppose I'll be finishing the packet.
I suppose on the plus side that was 2 hours ago and I haven't been remotely peckish since!

nutcracker Fri 08-Apr-05 10:43:16

I wish i liked porridge. Breakfast is my biggest prob, cos i eat it and then am hungy an hour later and then will eat crisps or something.

Today i had two slices of toast and am starving now.

vict17 Fri 08-Apr-05 10:47:09

I skipped breakfast and have just eaten some Thorntons chocolates and some pringles

Evesmama Fri 08-Apr-05 10:49:43

that sounds like me vic17!
must cut down the amount i eat and how much crap i eat, so am hoping i have got 'my head round it' again!

vict17 Fri 08-Apr-05 10:50:36

Me too, but I have no willpower! Do you make the porridge or use something like ready brek?

Evesmama Fri 08-Apr-05 11:12:06

love ready brek but appently its not so good?!
i buy cheap bag of porridge oats from morrisons, pour some into a bowl, add milk and microwave. i keep stopping and stirring it to check how much longer it needs, its lovely, i do it with s.s milk and nothing else but have tried with chopped banana and thats nice and sweet, and raisins are ok too

SkiBunnyFlummy Fri 08-Apr-05 11:13:53

Same here on the breakfast front. Sposed to be losing stone as have ordered wedding dress in size 14 and am 16 really now but not really trying.............

Evesmama Fri 08-Apr-05 11:16:23

didnt last long did i
made dd a chicken and cheese sandwhich for lunch and just had a chicken one myself

vict17 Fri 08-Apr-05 11:17:10

don't worry Evesmama - just call it an early lunch

Evesmama Fri 08-Apr-05 11:17:46

i just neeeeed to eat

vict17 Fri 08-Apr-05 11:19:51

me too , I'm starving!!!

Evesmama Fri 08-Apr-05 11:20:57

i can list you a million things to eat to fill you but am too lazy to do them for myself

vict17 Fri 08-Apr-05 12:18:27

Right, just had a lunch of a sweet potato, half a carrot (bolied with the potato), beetroot and tinned mackeral and am now stuffed. Do you think that is healthy or too many calories for a day of doing nothing?!!

hermykne Fri 08-Apr-05 12:26:15

i hated porridge with just memories of being a child and it out infront of me, yuck.

anyway gave it t ods as his breakfast at 6mths and i decided i would get to like it as making a small amount was a pain, now i quite like it

AND

weight has fallen off.......

it does work by filling you up

Evesmama Fri 08-Apr-05 21:15:12

that sounds v.healthy vict17

despite my 'early lunch' for today i ate..
porridge for breakfast
chicken sarnie for lunch
porridge for tea
and ive just had 2 slices of whlemeal with dairylea on!!!

Evesmama Sat 09-Apr-05 21:12:20

and then i had anotherbowl of porridge!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now