Talk

Advanced search

Forget FF, let's WLR instead!!!!

(677 Posts)
Dozymare Mon 26-Jan-09 13:42:49

Says it all really....I am paid up for the next qtr, as was getting fed up of FF.

Dozymare 15st 3lbs(total lost so far 7lbs)

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 26-Jan-09 16:03:28

Have signed up for WLR. Had a bad week so don't know what I will be for my weigh in tomorrow so going to start properly tomorrow. Have missed it actually.

FiveGoMadInDorset 17.13 lost 3 ilbs so far

Dozymare Mon 26-Jan-09 16:29:19

five don't worry, it is a new day tomorrow so let's weigh in then and make it our official start date/weigh in...>Does anyone else want to join us??

Ceebee74 Mon 26-Jan-09 16:30:30

Hi all

I got an envelope from WLR today with a booklet with loads of info in and 2 little pads which you can take out with you and jot down what you are eating to input later on grin - well worth the money grin grin

IMO, it is worth the money as it has really helped me focus my mind on (or off) food!

FiveGoMadInDorset 17.13 lost 3 ilbs so far
Ceebee74 15st 2lbs (total lost so far 7lbs)

Ceebee74 Mon 26-Jan-09 16:31:07

Dozy I am going to stick with Sunday's as my weigh-in day as I am doing it with DH and he is guaranteed to be at home on a Sunday!

Dozymare Mon 26-Jan-09 16:38:35

Ok ceebee sounds like a good plan. Out of curiosity, how many cals do you have on WLR? It has given me 1121 (IIRC) a whole 300 less than FF. I don;t know if I can survive on that......

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 26-Jan-09 16:46:38

I have 2146 which is 100 more than FF

sarah293 Mon 26-Jan-09 17:29:36

Message withdrawn

Ceebee74 Mon 26-Jan-09 17:35:10

Dozy what activity level did you put in? I put in 'moderately active' and with a goal to lost 1 1/2 pounds a week - and I get 1630 cals a day (I guess as we are the same weight, it should be identical). However, I remember that if I put in a goal of losing 2lb a week, it dropped quite a bit and I couldn't face so little calories blush FF was definitely more generous for me.

Dozymare Mon 26-Jan-09 17:38:38

that might be what the problem is - I put in to lose 2lbs a week, also modereately active. I am going to change as no way I can survive on that. I would fall before the first hurdle. I was doing well on FF 1400 a day as didn't feel deprived of anything.

riven you will more than likely see the difference next week. Even though FF had gone down, how were you managing to keep a check and weigh things? I didn't have a clue what I was doing!

what is everyone having for dinner? I am going for my staple, filling but healthy dinner which is chicken breast stir fried with ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onions, lots of veg and fresh egg noodles. It is delish!

sarah293 Mon 26-Jan-09 17:41:11

Message withdrawn

whitenoise Mon 26-Jan-09 17:52:19

i don't get how to find the amount of calories?

It won't let me have my target weight hmm but seeing as i am only signing up for the free trial it matters not!

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 26-Jan-09 17:54:03

spag bol having a carb fest today, drank to much yesterday.

mileniwmffalcon Mon 26-Jan-09 17:56:08

riven one of the things wlr is big on is making sure you eat all your cals, to stop your body going into starvation mode. i don't know if there's any kind of scientific basis for this but i know that many times i've read people posting on the wlr boards saying they've upped their cals and started to lose weight.

i'm having sausage casserole and rice for tea tonight. i'm a little suspicious at how few cals it's coming up as, but i'm not going to argue wink after that's accounted for i apparently still have 700+ cals to use up. since i've quit drinking in the week i've no idea what i'm supposed to spend that on hmm

i've been going 2.5 weeks so far, lost 4lb wk 1, 1lb last week (i'm on a 1lb/wk loss) didn't fall anywhere like as far off the wagon as i usually do over the weekend so fingers crossed for a loss again on thurs.

whitenoise Mon 26-Jan-09 17:59:44

its much easier to find your foods on there isn't it?!

(still can't fnd my cal allowance though - am i being dim?)

MABS Mon 26-Jan-09 18:14:08

am being thick, whats web address?

mileniwmffalcon Mon 26-Jan-09 18:45:22

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk

whitenoise - will it not let you have your target cos it's below 20 bmi? i'm not sure why they set it like that as the 'official' line (e.g. nhsdirect) seems to be 18.5 is the lower limit of healthy.

if you don't have a goal weight then it won't give you a calorie allowance i don't think. you could set to whatever they'll let you for the lowest and you'll still lose at the rate you set (unless you're already at 20?). not ure what happens when you get to 20 though, i guess you'd just have to lie about your weight, make it half a stone more than it really is.

i do understand they're keen not to encourage unhealthy weight loss or eating disorders, but it does seem a little odd to arbitrarily set the limit higher than government recommendations.

mileniwmffalcon Mon 26-Jan-09 18:46:01

clicky link

Dozymare Mon 26-Jan-09 20:06:42

riven it has been proven that if you don 't eat your calorie aloowance you go into starvation mode and in fact, you could pile 2weight on as your body holds onto whatever it can. Definately eat your calorie amount, and enjoy it! nO POINT STARVING YOURSELF AND BEING MISERABLE

(Sorry, caps went on, but in hindsight, don't mind shouting that wink

Why am I the only one to post stats? Not fair ,dayoz has a stomp, someone else join me in the humiliation, please wink

Ceebee74 Mon 26-Jan-09 21:07:02

Well I have got through the day with 531 calories to spare!! The problem is that we have no goodies in the house to splurge on so what to eat???

JODIEhadtoomanymincepies Mon 26-Jan-09 21:35:46

Right I'm back. Been away for a while, went to Peak District and ate far too much blush Did anyone miss me??? wink

I'll start the 24 hour trial tomorrow as I;m back on the wagon tomorrow morning and I;ll be too busy all day to enter stuff, so I'll start after the gym tomorrow night. (I'll update my stats then Dozy!)

missnatalie Mon 26-Jan-09 23:35:36

I have joined WLR too. I got fed up of waiting for FF. After a massive binge at Frankie and Bennys at the weekend ive got to be extra good this week. My cal alowance is about 1300, which i seem to be sticking too. Just hope that the weight keeps coming off smile

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 27-Jan-09 12:41:09

Morning all, well afternoon, I am glad I am back using a site as I find it very helpful.

Dozymare Tue 27-Jan-09 13:17:07

hey five at least we can hope this one won't crash!! ceebee or anyone who has been using WLR for a while, can someone please help me - I am trying to input the following into WLR which is telling me that 1/2 packet is 627 cals which I know is wrong....

SAinsbury's fresh egg noodles

Per 100g

163 cals
Protein 5.0g
carb 28.0
of which sugars 0.4g
Fat 3.4g
of which saturates 0.4g
Fibre 1.8g

I will be eating 180g

Cheers

Ceebee74 Tue 27-Jan-09 20:05:20

Dozy sorry for the delay in responding - I struggle to get to the computer during the day when DS1 is home - as soon as I set foot in the office, I am sure he senses it and runs in demanding Fireman Sam games etc!!

Not sure what you are after but I have entered it and got 293 calories for the portion - is that what you are after or advice on how to enter it??

Am really struggling this week not being able to exercise - I didn't realise how much I relied on the extra calories blush I did manage a 30-minute walk yesterday whilst pushing a 2-stone toddler and carrying a 1 stone baby in a sling! Was going to do the same today with the treat of a magazine and some sweets from the shop for DS1 - but he refused to put his coat on so that was that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now