Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Enid's general healthy eating - lose a few pounds, exercise a bit more, you know the score.

(4 Posts)
Enid Mon 04-Apr-05 10:49:24

I did so well after Christmas and lost 10lbs. The weight stayed off for ages but...I can feel it creeping up again. I also feel unfit and really really bloated.

Anyone want to join me in a healthy eating/exercise plan? The rules are:
No drinking during the week (only on Fri,Sat and maybe Sunday night)
Trying to cut out bread (I am sure this makes me bloaty)
Trying to walk more (I would like to do 10,000 steps a day but doubt I'll manage it every day).
Trying to drink more water (my skin looks crap).

My danger points are: eating all kids leftover tea at 4pm and then having a full meal later with dh . Eating croissants for breakfast at work when I am stressed. Drinking too much tea and coffee. Drinking alcohol every night if I can.

My mitigating circumstances are: having extension built and builders slowly encroaching on every room in our house - STRESS CENTRAL!!Work horribly stressful.

BUT I know I will cope better with those things if I am being healthy.

You don't have to post your weight - just how you feel, how you would like to feel and what you are eating.

mummytosteven Mon 04-Apr-05 11:21:04

Yes, will go for this. Rules sound nice and sensible. I was just thinking last night that I needed to go down the road of looking at how I feel when I overeat, to stop this annoying habit!

My danger point is junk food when stressed, and too much coffee

Mitigating circs: junk food is by far the easiest vice to indulge when a skint SAHM

mummytosteven Mon 04-Apr-05 11:21:50

interim goal is to lose 10%, ultimate goal to lose 2.5 stone

Enid Mon 04-Apr-05 11:39:53

yes, overeating - I do this too when I am stressed. I definitely comfort eating. I have just bought a really healthy lunch from the health food shop: pumpkin seeds, lentil soup and a fruit smoothie and it cost nearly £5!! Certainly can't afford to spend that on lunch every day.

What kind of junk food do you go for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now