Talk

Advanced search

How can I ditch chocolate and biscuits???

(11 Posts)
tigi Fri 01-Apr-05 21:04:34

I am a fairly active person, plus the amount of running about I do after the kids I should be a size 6, but unfortunatly I am not. I eat healthily, cook good meals, but still need lose a good 1-2 stones! I have realised that my downfall is the number of biscuits i HAVE to have when I have a cup of tea, and my daily choc bar. I NEED chocolate, not crisps or savory stuff. If I don't buy it when I go shopping I go mad, so that doesn't work, and I have to have a whole bar of choc, not one bit, or just one biscuit, can't do it! I am now sat craving chocolate. What can I do? I know if I can find a solution, I will lose the weight! Any advice?

Dior Fri 01-Apr-05 21:25:36

Message withdrawn

duster Fri 01-Apr-05 21:54:05

Become a man.
Most of them are immune to the delights of chocolate and biscuits.
B*stards.

Caligula Fri 01-Apr-05 21:56:51

Just stop buying them so you don't have them in the house.

And buy fruit instead - lots of nice sweet grapes, oranges, bananas - when you've had a portion of that, the chocolate craving isn't so bad.

But treat yourself to chocolate in the week before your period so you don't feel deprived!

Caligula Fri 01-Apr-05 21:57:47

Yoghurt's the other thing. Even if you get the rich, creamy ones, they're still lower in fat and calories than a bar of chocolate, and again, they deal with the craving.

Surfermum Fri 01-Apr-05 22:02:57

I go through periods of craving chocolate really badly. The only thing that works for me is not having it in the house. I do find that once I have gone cold turkey from it for a while I don't really want it any more. I don't buy biscuits for the same reason - if I have a packet in the house I won't just have one or two with a cuppa, I'll polish the lot off. When I've been dieting before I buy the Options hot chocolate drinks, and if I feel like some choc I have one of those instead.

Katya Sat 02-Apr-05 10:22:06

like Surfermum, I find it's best to go cold turkey on choc and sugar then the cravings go.

having biscuits and choc with cup of tea, is habit, habits can be changed. Suggest you find substitutes, and change over bit by bit if you can't do it all at once.

Can recommend Jason Vale's book 'Chocbuster's book if you really want to give up the icky brown stuff

there's a copy on ebay ATM for 99p. N.B. I am not connected with this sale at all !
chocbusters at amazon

vict17 Sat 02-Apr-05 10:23:59

How about swapping your cup of tea for a glass of water or fruit juice? No one likes to dunk biscuits in those!!!

tiffini Sat 02-Apr-05 10:25:02

when you get a craving,, brush your teeth, it rearly works

vict17 Sat 02-Apr-05 10:26:10

or chew gum that works too

tigi Sat 02-Apr-05 14:09:40

thanks for all your helpful comments! I've been good today and yesterday, and had none, no biscuits and no choc- although I want some choc soooooooooooo badly! It's made worse with the kids easter eggs about - i see it and want it! I

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: