Talk

Advanced search

OK This is my online diary for losing a stone

(66 Posts)
crunchie Thu 31-Mar-05 14:32:58

I have finally been shamed to get off my lardy arse and to start that diet I have been promising to do. I have a good friends wedding in 3 weeks and have found a skirt to wear that needs about 7 - 10lbs off, and we are going on holiday in 9 weeks. So the plan is a food diary and any suport - or feel free to ignore me! I am going to do different things as and when I feel liek it, but this week is calorie counting and a food diary. Approx 1200 cals plus 1/2 pt ss milk (unsure cals in that!)

So here goes

Breakfast 2 weetabix 129 cals (milk from allowence)
Lunch Big bowl salad 50cals, 100g prawns 77 cals, dressing 15 cals
Snack Melon and grapes 100 cals
Dinner tonight Ready meal (under 350 cals) massive bag of veggies 150 cals, Muller lite 115 cals
Leaves me with 200 cals for whatever

I decided to be really lazy and buy some ready meals that are already counted and bags of veg (kids are at childminders so no worries there) then I have MY food and know exactly what I can have

Wish me luck

lilibet Thu 31-Mar-05 14:34:09

Good Luck Crunchie - I'm SW'ing again. Hope to loose a stone by the end of June.

You can do it

Cod Thu 31-Mar-05 14:37:00

Message withdrawn

crunchie Thu 31-Mar-05 16:03:21

Thanks Cod, knew I could rely on your support!!

ladymuck Thu 31-Mar-05 16:06:56

So are you just listing food, or are you going to give us the low-down on how you burn the extra cals too?

Kayleigh Thu 31-Mar-05 16:10:26

Good luck Crunchie.
We go away in 8 weeks and I have started the "diet" again this week. I refuse to go to w/w or s/w classes at the moment though as find i eventually crack under the (self-imposed) pressure. So am doing things my way too.

crunchie Thu 31-Mar-05 16:11:05

Give us a chance ldymuck, I'll let you know if we have a shag tonight!!

Kayleigh Thu 31-Mar-05 16:12:35

crunchie

<snigger>

ladymuck Thu 31-Mar-05 16:23:06

Remember to make a note of the intensity of the activity too! Good luck btw(on the weightloss rather than the shag)

crunchie Thu 31-Mar-05 16:34:59

Actually weightloss more lightly than the shag

crunchie Fri 01-Apr-05 10:34:14

Yep I was right - No shag

However ate was I was allowed, and wasted my 200 cals on some plain cold pasta!! what a waste, but I was hungry and it was there!!

Today I have made my prawn salad, hadmy weetabix an my ready meal is in the fridge. It's the weekend that will be tricky

lilibet Fri 01-Apr-05 10:36:53

Are you better having a daily allownace rather than a weekly one - would you prefer to have 1000 calories Monday to Friday and then you can have 1700 each on Saturday and Sunday?

I know that weekends are my downfall.

Or try and get loads of extra shags at weekend and then award yourself extra calories for eachone ?

crunchie Fri 01-Apr-05 10:57:08

Well yes I could d that, but the prb with weekends is that I am less in control of food I eat as we go out and eat out a bit. So I am trying to decide what to do. I might to calorie counts in the week and SW green days at weekends, or allow a bit more at weekends. I don't think going below 1200 during the week is possible because I still need to eat and I have a big appitite. 1200 is still quite low for me.

What I am planning - to keep it interesting for me is to change my plan each week or so This week 1200 cals, next week maybe SW or cabbage soup or you are what you eat!! I will have to decide

All I know is that 9th April is a hen night, so I'll have a night off and luckily I have no business lunches for the next few weeks.

My problem I have found already with calorie counting is that if I cook my own meals i can't be arsed to weigh stuff and work out portion sizes, so I end up using ready meals to help. But I can't last long on them as I prefer my own cooking, it is just convience. Hence swapping to slimming world, or maybe borrowing a friends book and doing WW for a change.

Oh well day two.

crunchie Fri 01-Apr-05 23:28:39

Good day today, although I didn't go to the gym as planned, too busy at work. Didn't evenget lunch until 3pm!! I have played around on the PC all night to kep my fingers busy and to avoid thnking about food.
Breakfast weetabix - 129
Snack apple - 60
Lunch - prawn salad as yesterday 142
Supper - vegetable pie and veg 500
Total 881!! Blimey i have saved some extras for tomorrow

Hopefully I have cottage cheese and salad in the fridge, plus weetabix and another ready meal for Sat I should be OK. I need to go shopping though, so any good ideas for LOW CAL snacks or meals would be welcome

Should get some extra 'activity' in tomorrow too, walking the dog and gardening is in the plans

crunchie Sat 02-Apr-05 18:21:44

So far so good today, went and bought more ready meals, veg and treatss like Thai bites (110 cals a pack) Rosemary connoly chocolate pots (126 cals) and sme great rice cakes with a nutella fillng only 84 cals.

So
2 fried egss for breakfast 150 cals
apple 60 cals
Cottage cheese and salad for lunch 250 cals
Nutella rice cake 84 cals

so far 544 cals so i should be OK tonight with ready meal, veg, thai bits and a pudding which add up to 730 cals (total 1274) so I could do a glass of wine, but it is hard to stop at one.

crunchie Sun 03-Apr-05 19:35:11

OK to bore you all again, but this keeps nme on the straight and narrow

Today a bit more tricky, and I know I have eaten more. Breakfast ok - porridge 180 cals inc milk. Lunch roast potatoes (tiny bit of oil) cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and gravy - I reacon about 500 cals. Out at a party in the afternoon and had a homemade coconut pyramid - got to be a million cals also a few grapes, nibbles on cheese biscuits So I am allowing about 300 cals (probably not enough!!)

So I'm already on 980 cals before dinner

If I have the planned ready meal and veg - 500 cals, I still need a snack to eat during 24 (can't do the drama and suspense without nibbles ) hmmm. I think 1800 cals is allowed today

That shouldn't be too bad after the good days I have had already, evens out in the week.

lilibet Mon 04-Apr-05 12:35:41

When is the weigh in Crunchie? I'm not doing brilliantly - have goen over on the sins in grand fashion, due to having a sainsbury's thai yellow veg curry and all the bits during 24!

I need something to keep my blood sugar up!!

Didn't know you were a fan!

crunchie Mon 04-Apr-05 12:54:42

Well I'm off to the gym this lunchtime, so I'll weigh in then - that's where I went last Thursday to weigh in. I must keep my jeans on to weigh in though, otherwise it's a bit unfair

I was sooo good over the weekend in the end. I had my Mushroom stroganoff and rice, plus veg (500 cals) then didn't snack during 24 - watched dh demolish a WHOLE malt loaf and a bar of chocolate Then had a small WW dessert - strwberry cheesecake thing (124 cals)

So total yesterday was 1604 - pretty good considering Painful though

Today I have had my weetabix, and have a prawn salad planned for lunch. I have a load of strawberries as a snack and tonight I have a choice of Veggie lasagne, prawn curry, veggie cottage pie and something else (can't remember)

Tomorrow is the next big challange. I am in London all day for meetings and my usual is to get a large rasin scone (with butter) for breakfast, have at least one large latte, have pret or whatever sandwich and crisps, plus chocolate at some point

I am working out whatto have for breakfast as I never seem to have time before I leave the house and I can't eat weetabix on the train!!

crunchie Mon 04-Apr-05 13:56:47

Power walked for 20 mins - first time for months, it nearly killed me - and 50 sit ups. ABout 260 cals according to the treadmill

crunchie Tue 05-Apr-05 20:51:05

Ok yesterday went well, weetabix, prawn salad, strawberies, nutella rice cake, ready meal/veg and a muller lite. 1100 cals.

Today I am so proud of myself, no scone a pret pretzel instead 150 cals ? M&S prawn salad 270 cals, pack count on us snacks 90 cals, melon & grapes 80 cals = 590 Oh and a skinny latte ( milk allowence )

Home now an prawn curry 161 cals, mash potato and veg pack 167 cals, extra veg 50 cals = 378
Total 968, leaving about 200 cals for snacks!! Yummy

Sorry if I am boring you all, writing it down is really helping me, it stopped me pigging out today as I HAVE to admit it

crunchie Tue 05-Apr-05 20:52:38

Plus walked 2 miles around London to meetings

Heathcliffscathy Tue 05-Apr-05 20:54:05

crunchie you are inspiring me, keep posting!

motherinferior Tue 05-Apr-05 20:56:42

Oooh, just seen this one, honey. You are a true inspiration.

Weekends are my downfall too. Somehow good resolutions dissolve into red wine and chocolate ice cream

crunchie Tue 05-Apr-05 21:13:03

MI and the custard

That is why I am trying the ready meal way. Basically everything is prepared, calorie counted, and I don't need to go into the kitchen at all. Being veggie I eat different from the rst of them anyway, and so far so good, it is giving me an idea what portion sizes should be!!

crunchie Wed 06-Apr-05 14:10:19

OK been to the gym again, powerwalked 25 mins, 300cals and 50 sit ups OWW

I also weighed myself, in kgs as that is what the gym has, and I have lost.....wait for it
1.5kgs!! in 6 days!!!

About 3.5lbs

Actually this thread is good for me, it stopped me yesterday buying warm bread - smelt it in the shop! and then thought how would I explain that to you all. Normally food dairies are private, but this way anyone can see.

So the usual weetabix for breakfast, and now it is actually keeping me full until lunch - I don't get a rumbly tummy just as the sandwich lady visits anymore (129 cals)

Prawn salad for lunch, strawberries with a miniscule 1/2 tsp sugar and I might treat myself to some thai bites on my way home. (300 plus 110 cals)

This would leave me loads for dinner and snacks tonight

Next worry would be Sat night and a hen night No hope in keeping good there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now