Talk

Advanced search

Before you faff about choosing a diet plan (or is that just me) check out this website......

(43 Posts)
dingdongDOZYMAREishigh Mon 05-Jan-09 19:50:47

www.foodfocus.co.uk

I can't believe it is free to use.......

Was going to start WW today, but then found this....infinately better!!!!!!

puppydetox Mon 05-Jan-09 19:57:26

this looks very like www.weightlossresources.co.uk which is a subscription site i've used very successfully in the past. if the food databases are comprehensive and the site's easy to navigate then it could save me £9/mo cos i was about to join up again. thanks a lot

dingdongDOZYMAREishigh Mon 05-Jan-09 19:59:50

it is amazing - I can't believe it has all the different brands/unbranded goods....have just spent best part of hour going through it all......even tells you how long it will take to get to target weight. Can't believe this is free...........do you think there is a catch???

LolaLadybird Mon 05-Jan-09 22:17:10

It looks good - like you say, surprising that it's free but I guess they fund themselves through the ads.

DH and I have used WW in the past (just done it ourselves at home) - this looks similar but better and free. The graphics and charts will be right up DH's street . Thank you.

Tortoise Mon 05-Jan-09 22:21:51

Ooh thanks. That does look good. smile

LoveMyLapTop Mon 05-Jan-09 22:32:42

just registered I like it

whoingodsnameami Mon 05-Jan-09 22:51:14

Great, thankssmile

jigger Mon 05-Jan-09 23:34:44

Fantastic website. Have just logged today and can't wait to get going. So easy to input recipes that you are cooking.

dingdongDOZYMAREishigh Tue 06-Jan-09 06:58:02

have just realised that you can log excercise as "PLAYING WITH KIDS" I like grin

OggsfrogisaBadWolf Tue 06-Jan-09 09:00:47

Very useful. Thanks.

I've only been able to find free American versions before now.

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Tue 06-Jan-09 09:10:54

That looks great - have registered.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 06-Jan-09 09:20:27

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

TWINSETinapeartree Tue 06-Jan-09 09:25:00

Thankyou, I was also going to renew my subs with weightwatchers and have also used weightloss resources.co.ukin the past and this is similar as puppy said

LolaLadybird Tue 06-Jan-09 19:07:57

Had a look at the small print in the T&C's and apparently it's a new site in its testing stage so sounds like something we get to trial for free but will become a subscription site in the future - well found!

Dozymare Tue 06-Jan-09 19:27:44

Have been using for 2 days, it is soooo good. Didn't read the small print though lola but hopefully they keep it free by funding through advertising! grin

did you all sign up??

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 06-Jan-09 20:24:04

Loving it had so many calories left over that I am supping on wine and still haven't used them all.

Dozymare Tue 06-Jan-09 20:35:19

Well done to you - I am going to stick with this, it would be really, really interesting to see if it works (although I fail to see how it can't as it is so bloomin' comprehensive)

anyone hungry/craving chocolate? If so, go for low fat ovaltine chocolate....filling and chocolaty!

LolaLadybird Tue 06-Jan-09 21:01:25

DH has signed up and started today. I registered but am delaying start for a few days - still some remnants of Xmas food in the house and I can't possibly embark on a diet properly while there are things lurking to temp me!

JODIEhadtoomanymincepies Tue 06-Jan-09 21:19:27

Thanks, I signed up this morning but only had a chance to look through it and log stuff just, It's very good! I think more comprehensive than WW was/is. What a find!!!! (I too have 440 calories left over, so a mince pie I think! grin)

Dozymare Wed 07-Jan-09 09:07:08

I know I shouldn't be weighing myself on the 3rd day - but have lost 1lb already!!!! grin Me thinks this is a good thing this website......only got untul 1st Nov to get to my target though hmm

wem Wed 07-Jan-09 09:51:46

Looks good. I can't see anywhere to log the fact that I'm breastfeeding though. It asked at registration, but only if pregnant/breastfeeding and only said I should talk to my doctor before using the site.

Should I just account for it separately? Is it 500 calories a day you are supposed to be using (exclusively breastfeeding 2 month old dd)?

Dozymare Wed 07-Jan-09 12:49:24

not sure wem maybe email them???

JODIEhadtoomanymincepies Wed 07-Jan-09 13:09:21

How many calories have they given you? Have they already included it in there???? (As a guide, I have been 'given' 1880 calories, and my BMI is 29) I'd be inclined to add the extra calories as an activity every day.

Dozymare Wed 07-Jan-09 20:18:06

I think BF is included???????

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 07-Jan-09 20:46:21

How many calories have you been given. I have 2103 but I am huge and going for slow weight loss.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: