Talk

Advanced search

Nov 08 ladies (and anyone else who wants to join us) - let's get this (diet) party started!!

(195 Posts)
Ceebee74 Sun 04-Jan-09 20:13:36

I am starting tomorrow - am currently munching my way through all the cr*p in the house as anything that is left at bedtime tonight is going in the bin!!

I am going to weigh myself on Sunday nights and am ashamed to admit my starting weight is 15st 9lbs blush blush.

My target weight is 12st so only 3 1/2 stone to lose........tis going to be long-haul I feel.

LadyBuzz Sun 04-Jan-09 20:44:02

Me too, I'm making the most of my last nigt of freedom.
I am going to weigh myself every Sunday night aswell (on the Wii fit).

My Weight today is 12st 7lb stone and my BMI is 32.29 so like you Ceebee I too have circa 3 1/2 stone to lose.

I am aiming to do it by the start of June when my friend gets married!

LackaDAISYcal Sun 04-Jan-09 20:47:52

Hello smile

I'm impressed with your resolve to put the crap in the bin......DS is too old and worldlywise to stand for me binning his Christmas sweeties so I need a hefty dose of willpower.

My starting weight is 12st 7lbs but I'm only 5'2" so don't carry it well. I always weigh 1st thing in the morning so will do that Sunday mornings and report here during the day.

Target weight is 9st 7lbs so 3stone here too ultimately although if I get to under 10st I'll be more than happy.

I'm going to aim, a la slimming world, for some interim targets and promise myself a nice treat when those are reached. The diet I'll be following will be a slightly modified weightwatchers regime and I'm determined to get in at least five portions of veg per day, plus some fruit and to eat as much wholemeal stuff (or it's gluten free equivalent) as possible.

1st interim target is 11st 7lbs (a new handbag)

10% weight loss target is 11st 3lbs (some shoes)

2nd interim target is 10st 7lbs (some basic, classic pieces for my wardrobe)

Exercise.....planning on using Wii Fit for toning exercises (as I seem to have misplaced my pear shape for an apple somewhere between DC1 and DC3) and swimming twice a week, plus going out for a walk with the double buggy every day for an hour on top of the usual school run.

Let the battle commence grin

LackaDAISYcal Sun 04-Jan-09 20:52:17

BMI is 32.04....and the calculator says I'm obese blush

BMI calculator for those that need it

Ceebee74 Sun 04-Jan-09 21:17:20

Thanks for that Daisy.

I top you all and have a BMI of 33.46 grin

I am going to do WW (although not officially) - plus am going to have a bowl of plain popcorn prepared every day to snack on whenever I get 'urges' wink - the only other time I have successfully lost weight was by using popcorn!

Exercise-wise - aim to walk to nursery twice a day for 4 days a week with Sam in the sling (weather permitting) which will be 40 minutes a day whilst carrying another stone in weight!

Also, gym/aerobics twice at weekends and whenever DH is at home during the week - plus home exercise DVD's when DH is not at home and I can't get to the gym - so aiming for about 4 times a week.

LackaDAISYcal Sun 04-Jan-09 21:30:15

I like the popcorn idea ceebee.

It'll be good that we can help each other with hints and tips, and provide added motivation when others are struggling.

feeding time again here.....for bumble, not me wink

Yorky Sun 04-Jan-09 21:33:53

Hello ladies

Hope I can keep up with this thread better than I do the post-natal chat!

Pleasantly surprised that my BMI is only 27.45, so only overweight (smug face), but where does it say what it should be/what I should weigh?

Will try healthy cooking as DH wants to lose the sympathy weight he gained with DS! And swimming one morning a week, walking with two DC in pram, stop buying munchy crap and increase fruit intake.

Good luck everyone

LackaDAISYcal Sun 04-Jan-09 21:53:51

Lobs spare tyre at Yorky then slaps her round the chops with my bingo wings grin

OblomovOYeFaithful Mon 05-Jan-09 08:05:28

Count me in.
I am 10 stone. So have lost 3 lbs since I was weighed at Kings christmas Eve - not bad seeing as I have not held back over christmas.
Ust be all this being up at night wink

Aim to lose atleast 1/2 a stone.
Please don't scoff at me. I appreciate that some of you have 3 stone = to lose, but as a diabetic, I have NEVER dieted in my life. And dieting as a diabetic is very hard. To juggle insulin requiremments changing. Plus that last half stone is the hardest.

dingdongDOZYMAREishigh Mon 05-Jan-09 08:12:09

here I am, Here I am.......now, now ladies, are we all starting today??? I am blush as got new super duper scales yesterday...these ones if anyone is looking www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8328588/c_1/1%7Ccat_10197552%7CBathroom+and+showers%7C1019 7973/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

but the BAD news is that my last digital scales are MASSIVElY underweight - before Christmas I was just over 13 stones, but these scales measure me at 15st 10lbs blush Now, I know I ate for England over the Christmas period, but surely not that much...anyway, popped into the gym yesterday and used their scales (haven't been to gym since start of Oct) and yes, it would seem that my new scales are correct. This means, dear ladies, that having not excercised since Sept plus stiull eating lots has equated in my huge weight gain. I am very sad but so determined to get back to my fighting weight. The good news, was that my water and muscle content was quite high which expains why I am not so fat, fat IYSWIM. Still makes me obese as well though blush the shame.

I am going to do weight watchers, but can't afford to go to classes so will be monitoring from home - like you ceebee but may need help as can't find my points monitor.

I am going to do all my measurements as well and keep a diary of how I am feeling.....

My aim is to get to 10-11 stone by September and I plan on getting back into the gym from Feb onwards when I can leave Tiger in the creche. Today, I am going for a power waslk/jog in the park whilst DS's are at school...hope I don;'t fall over with all this snow!!!

Good luck, let the battle of the bulge commence

xxx

mum2becks Mon 05-Jan-09 08:20:49

Hi, can I join in? Hopefully this thread will be easier to keep up with!!

I currently weigh 11st 5lb and never weighed more than 10stone before I had DD so aiming to lose 1.5 stone

I want to actually wear clothes that I havent worn since before pregnant with DD who is now 2.5 years old!

DH also wants to loose weight so am aiming to cook much healthier meals including a lot more veg and have plenty of fruit to snack on.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 05-Jan-09 10:39:11

<Buries head in the sand that her lovely digital scales may be incorrect and measuring light>

DH brought some scales home a couple of years ago that measure body fat. They said I was over 50% body fat and morbidly obese, so I banished them from the house grin

Wii Fit is still in the box and the weather this morning is stopping me from getting out; it's too slippy and my knee is still a bit sore so I don't want to risk it.

excuses, excuses, excuses blush

OblomovOYeFaithful Mon 05-Jan-09 10:55:12

I have started.
Started with walking tds1 to school.
Then coming home and having a chocolate biscuit.
Is that not the rules then ?wink

OblomovOYeFaithful Mon 05-Jan-09 11:02:14

Have phoned gym. I need a boxercise class. To help with aggression, so I do not shout at ds1. But they have a new timetable starting today and have not yet received it.
Plus I need to check with GP today if I can do the class pre 12 weeks, re CS. Plus sore shoulder.

But dh and I are off food. Just bored and not interested. Don't want to eat anything at the mo. He wants to lose weight too. So I need some inspiration as to what healthy things to cook, so I don't end up living off hula hoops and custard creams - which is what the majority of my diet has been recently !!

LackaDAISYcal Mon 05-Jan-09 11:06:01

Obs, get a Wii with Wii sport which has boxing on it; much cheaper than expensive gym membership wink

DD went through a phase of telling me when she had a pooey nappy and we got all excited about he being ready for potty training. She has gone th opposite way now, and I can smell her from the other side of the room, but if I ask if she has a dirty nappy, she says No and runs away <sigh>

LackaDAISYcal Mon 05-Jan-09 11:07:33

oops wrong thread.....thought I was the PN chat thread! Interesting though my DD's toiletting habits are hmm, not really the place on this thread grin

OblomovOYeFaithful Mon 05-Jan-09 11:37:10

We have a wii. It has boxing on it. Also bowling and shooting. Is that what you mean ? OR is the wii FIT something else ?

coolkat Mon 05-Jan-09 11:38:05

Hi

I would like to join please.

Will power and no pelvic floor muscles pose me the biggest problem.I would like to start running but plan lots of walking until physio starts in late jan. Going to stop buying chocolate and aim for more fruit and veg as DH happy to lose weight to!

I am 10st 8lbs and would like to tone tummy and lose a stone. I have my melon cut up in the fridge ready to snack on!! I am 5ft 5.

We can do this ladies grin

coolkat Mon 05-Jan-09 11:39:17

Oops forgot to add want to be in tip top shape for 30th birthday in April. X

dingdongDOZYMAREishigh Mon 05-Jan-09 13:12:56

ok ladies, you will be v.v.v.impressed...I went for a run/jog/powerwalk (DELETE as appropriate) this morning, in the friggin snow and cold <must be mad emotion>

DS started his new nursery so was meant to stay and settle him in. He told me to go so thought what the heck......Tiger and I were only out for 30mins and I am so unfit. So, for those of you who call me "gym bunny" RETRACT THAT IMMEDIATELY. I was actually very shocked at how unfit I was considering I could run 10k this time last year in 51mins. AArgghhh...not good.

ceebee would you mind translating the following for me into points (presuming you have a calculator) until I can get to a meeting to buy a new one?

Packet Prawns 140cal, 0.6 sat fat
Hula Hoops 129 cal 0.6 sat fat

Chicken breast ??
Roasted veg (butternut squash, celeery, red pepper) in 2 tbsp olive oil
Portion of rice

Med Apple

If you DO mind, please let me know and I can guesstimate grin

Are we going to keep food diaries on here and say what we eat every day? I truly think this will help keep me on track so if you all don't want to do this let me know!

LadyBuzz Mon 05-Jan-09 14:04:30

Dozy I would be happy to keep a food diary I think it will be a help for me too.

Daisy I too am 5'2 so don't carry my weight too well either.

DH is dieting with me which will help.

I'm following the Weight Management/Scottish Slimmers plan (loosely) which is similar to WW. I HAVE to have my treats or I will lapse very quickly.

dingdongDOZYMAREishigh Mon 05-Jan-09 14:42:44

check this out...recommended by another MN'er and definately something I will do......

www.foodfocus.co.uk

So far today, I have had

porridge with water, splash of milk and 5 prunes

Packet of fresh prawns and mixed salad, tablespooon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

2 cans of DC blush am very addicted and this is good for me!

Ashantai Mon 05-Jan-09 15:27:13

Oh dear God i am so not prepared for this and have fallen at the first hurdle!

I too munched my way through the crap in the kitchen last night, but forgot about the 6 boxes of mr kipling mince pies that my OH bought because "they were ony 27p each, bargain!!"

So i gave in and then the squirty cream told me i couldnt eat it nekkid! So now i feel like a failure on day 1 sad

I have absolutely no willpower, and my OH wont let me bin the pies, so i told him he has to eat them all! So how much of my Wii fit do i have to do to burn off this accursed pie?!

LadyBuzz Mon 05-Jan-09 15:55:46

dozy great link I have signed up!

So far today I have had:

Rice crispies with SS Milk

Tomato soup 2 slices of wholemeal bread no butter

apple

Capri sun rink blush there need used up hmm

tonight we are having grilled pork chop and mixed veg

I might treat myself to a muller light!

LOL at not eating nekkid mince pies

LackaDAISYcal Mon 05-Jan-09 16:47:52

ladybuzz, we are the same height and weight, but my BMI calculator gave a value less than yours! Shall we go with mine? grin

I have eaten some toffees this afternoon, and had left over sausage casserole and rice for lunch and am planning on spag bol for tea, made with no added fat and no cheese on top <sob>

I think for me if I can give up sweets, biscuits and cakes and replace them with fruit and limit my portion size that'll be enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now