Talk

Advanced search

2 1/2 st to lose - with a 1 year old to feed - anyone want to join me in a healthy eating kick for all the family?

(7 Posts)
ChairmumMiaow Sun 04-Jan-09 18:33:24

That's it really. DH won't even discuss another baby till I've lost the weight I promised I'd lose for the first one (DS was a nice surprise and I have no problem with DS wanting this) sp I want to get it done.

My aim is slow but sure over the next year - eating healthily but in a way that's good for all of us, so portion control and cutting out junk rather than necessarily eating low fat.

Exercise wise, I'm starting with walking, and once spring and some warmer weather hits us I'll be starting to run - aiming to be able to manage 5k before the end of the year...

Anyone want to join me?

OiOi Sun 04-Jan-09 22:25:48

Hi - Just saw your message and thought I'd reply, I'm hoping to lose 2 stone by my 30th birthday - Dec 09, I also have a baby she'll be one next sunday, I do a fair bit of walking anyway but am too shy to join any sort of gym/class so my christmas present to myself was a Wii Fit balance board, it's quite good fun too. I did start weight watchers back in October and lost 10lb but I gave up on that a few weeks ago, not sure if'll I bother going back.

Anyway I'd certainly love to join you - hopefully we can spur each other on the way

I'm newish to these boards so I'm not really sure how it all works...

XX Jo

ChairmumMiaow Mon 05-Jan-09 08:32:45

Hi!

Thanks for joining in - I thought it would be easier to gather some people with young kids as there's the whole challenge of cooking for their high fat diet while still eating healthily!

I start this morning.

As for how this works, just post when you feel like it. I guess we should have a weekly weigh-in or something to help spur us along.

I've considered WW as it has worked for me in the past, but with a 1 year old (in 2 weeks) I don't think I have the time to do the counting side of things - plus the fiver (or more?) a week is offputting.

Anyway, welcome!

3littlefrogs Mon 05-Jan-09 08:43:49

I need to lose 2 stone. It has just crept on over the last 2 years and I am now feeling fat and frumpy. I have never previously had a weight problem and I am feeling very down about it. My clothes don't fir, and I can't afford to buy new ones sad.

I have bought a pair of trainers and a skipping rope........

ChairmumMiaow Mon 05-Jan-09 19:28:51

Welcome 3littlefrogs! I'd be careful with the skipping rope to start with, as if you're heavy it can really hurt your knees apparently.

Anyway, today I managed my walk, despite the snow. However I weighed myself to discover that Xmas had taken its toll, and the official start weight is...

16st 12lb. Weighed in boots on their machine with clothes (no coat) and shoes.

Anyway, I have no willpower. I discovered more naughty food in the house (some tortillas) and have just eaten them. There really will have to be nothing naughty in the house. I need to get more fruit in too!

OiOi Fri 09-Jan-09 16:01:39

HI!

I'm just popping back on to 'weigh in'- well I weighed myself on tuesday to find I had gained 1 lb over christmas - so not too bad as I had guess it'd be around 7 lb! So I am currently 11 st 11 lb...

hope to catch up with both of you soon.

XX Jo

OiOi Tue 13-Jan-09 19:18:27

Hi!

How are you both doing?? I weighed myself again today and have somehow managed to lose 2lb so I'm happy

Hope you are both OK

xx Jo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: