Talk

Advanced search

Flat stomach required please

(24 Posts)
oliveoil Thu 17-Mar-05 14:13:22

I have a stubborn little pouch which refuses to go. Am not overweight (weigh less than I did before both pregnancies ) but I cannot seem to shift it.

Has anyone got one of those sit up machine things that sort of roll you forward? Are they better than just doing sit ups?

And what foods do I need to miss to avoid bloat?

Questions questions.....

xx

NomDePlume Thu 17-Mar-05 14:14:26

I had one of those, embarrasingly monikered 'Ab Cruncher'. Did nothing but hurt mu neck with it. Load of crappola IMO.

nnosam Thu 17-Mar-05 14:15:24

if i knew the answer to that i would ahve a flat tummy too. however like u i here a pouch that likes my company too much to leave me . am at the momnet trying out a "jenny James" get fit quick dvd which is ment to help.

oliveoil Thu 17-Mar-05 14:16:30

Oh no. I was thinking that I could put off doiung sit ups later as I had to buy one.

How many sit ups do you need to do? I always seem to hurt my back

Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 14:19:25

I bought a book called something like 'lose your mummy tummy' which is really good, has exercises which you do 3 times a day (or once a day when you remember if you're anything like me) and it seems to be working, it says that doing situps wrongly can actually make your tummy stick out more, don't ask me why. and elle macpherson wrote the intro so it must be good!

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 14:27:34

Message withdrawn

MissCheef Thu 17-Mar-05 14:29:10

good post kama

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 14:30:19

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Thu 17-Mar-05 14:31:16

slightly scary though, for those of us who live on white bread, white rice, spuds etc

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 14:35:41

Message withdrawn

Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 14:35:50

sometimes the sticky out tummy isn't fat though, it's because the underlying muscles have been damaged by pregnancy and aren't holding everything in like they used to. Simply doing cardio exercise and eating properly wont fix it totally.

oliveoil Thu 17-Mar-05 14:42:57

That 'mummy tummy' thing sounds good, will look out for that.

I have to eat after 7pm for peace and no indigestion from sprogs! Also love pasta .

Am going back to work in 6 weeks and wanted to swan in all svelte like. Maybe I should just invest in a cardi to tie round my waist .

nailpolish Thu 17-Mar-05 14:45:00

has anyone tried these little machines that give you electric shocks (bad description i know) like pulses would that work

sorry about lack of question marks, my keyboard is dodgy

soapbox Thu 17-Mar-05 14:45:47

Pilates = damned good for tummy

Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 14:48:20

this book

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 14:48:58

Message withdrawn

Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 14:55:01

I don't think it's that rare is it? My tummy isn't fat, you can't pinch it (although you can pinch the excess skin!), but it still sticks out more than it used to. My mum's is the same and a couple of other people I know who have had babies are the same. No matter how thin they get they still have a sticking out tum.

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 15:08:46

Message withdrawn

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 15:10:43

Message withdrawn

Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 15:18:36

I don't know she got her info from but in the book I have the author says that 98% of women who have had a baby have a diastasis and need to do special exercises, and I have a definite gap when I lie on my back and raise my head. It could be a load of rubbish to help her sell her book but at least I feel like I'm doing something useful!

nailpolish Thu 17-Mar-05 15:24:53

so no-one then

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 15:44:16

Message withdrawn

Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 15:49:06

I've been doing them for about 8 weeks but I'm really useless at doing them as much as I should be. Also can't do all of them yet because I need a resistance band and my sister is going to steal one from her physio for me! I have noticed a bit of an improvement though, I don't look like I'm 12 weeks pg anymore. Not sure how I'm going to get rid of all the excess skin though, I put on over 3 st while I was pg so I have a LOT of excess skin to deal with.

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 19:16:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now