Talk

Advanced search

Pedometer Club 2005 - Week 10

(11 Posts)
MadameButterfly Mon 14-Mar-05 10:08:12

Hi all

I have only had one email this week so hear goes.

Results for week ending Friday 11th March are:

Madame Butterfly: 80,868
Posey: 60,126

Well done everyone.

Anyone else that wants to join is is more than welcome to.

Just count your steps from Saturday morning to Friday night and either post your results on the new thread that is started each Monday or email them to janreid2003 at yahoo dot co dot uk .

I am going to my mums on Thursday, and I am not sure if I will be able to use the compueter first thing in the morning. Therefore the reults for the next 2 weeks will probably not be posted until the evening.

Dingle Mon 14-Mar-05 10:32:42

Oh dear! And there was me, thinking that I would do so much bettter this week! We have all had flu and I didn't reach my personal target that I set!
Only got to 48,563!!
She shuffles off chanting "I will do better...I will do better....I will do better....."

yoyo Mon 14-Mar-05 10:48:11

Flu here too. No results unfortunately (this is the first day that I haven't had to lie down en route from my bedroom to the kitchen).

Dingle - has the flu made your teeth very sensitive? I can't chew anything and I'm so fed up. As I'm normally pretty active am finding this really hard going. Moan, moan, moan...

As soon as I stop aching I will clip on the pedometer again.

albert Mon 14-Mar-05 10:54:49

I finaly found a pedometer (in the pharmacy) and once I've worked out how to use it - I reckon it'll take a week to translate the instructions and figure it out - I'll join you if I may. Quite excited at the prospect actually (how sad is that), what an eventful life I must lead!

Dingle Mon 14-Mar-05 12:59:40

Unfortunately not yoyo!! In fact I have been eating unhealthier this last week, picking at treats and had the odd take away too!

The weekends are my worst time,I really struggle and quite often I have only done 12-13,00 by Tuesday morning! I am doing better this week though- I am up to 11,500 so I am going to break my own record of 50,000 this week...must do some jogging on the spot....DH wants to lose a stone for our hols in JUne, he wants to join in too!

Tommy Mon 14-Mar-05 13:25:55

Not very good here at all I'm afraid - nearly didn't put them on but, here goes:
I don't seem to be making any progress! I'm still blaming the weather - the temptation to stay in doors is stringer than the one to take 2 whiney DSs out for a healthy walk

gingerbear Mon 14-Mar-05 13:44:10

I have rediscovered my Kellogs pedometer this morning.
What is a daily target? 10,000 rings a bell.
I'm following the '3 sensible meals a day, no carbs after lunch' plan that Davina did. Think I need motivation and exercise as I fell off Cod's diet after 4 weeks in Feb.

gingerbear Mon 14-Mar-05 13:45:09

How many steps would a 30 minute walk be? That is what I am aiming to do every day.

Earlybird Mon 14-Mar-05 13:48:21

I did better last week with a total of 62,868. And that was with dd being off sick for 3 days, so didn't have the school run to boost my total. However, this week looks to be another story so far, and I'd better get my a* in gear if I don't want to be bottom of the list!

coppertop Tue 15-Mar-05 12:15:52

<shuffles into last place>

Only managed 46,127 steps. I have absolutely no excuse either - except for not wanting to venture out into the cold unless absolutely necessary.

I'm going to aim for 50,000 this week.

Gingerbear - I think the target is 10,000 steps a day. Sadly I've not managed that yet, which is why I've lowered my target a bit. I think the number of steps in 30mins will really vary according to how fast you walk etc so I really don't know the answer to that one. Sorry.

MadameButterfly Wed 16-Mar-05 10:55:17

Hi all,

I have done almost 60,000 so far this week.

Dingle your hubby is welcome to join us if he wants to, the more the merrier.

your target should be 10,000 a day for a healthy lifestyle, but just do what you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now